1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. Jacob L

Jacob L Oakley Enthusiast

Hello,

I'm a newer member and just got into my first trade with another member. I just have a couple of questions about shipping overseas with our eyewear. So I am shipping to there friend in florida and I am getting them sent once the friend confirms (I am a new member and understand that the trust isn't there) my question is I was just told about fees I am going to have to pay once I receive the item. What are these fees? Am I at fault since I didn't know about these fees?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I'm thinking you may be hit with customs fees on the product you will be receiving?

Jacob L likes this.
  3. Jacob L

I believe that is what I was told. I have never done a trade overseas so I have no idea. How bad are the custom fees?

4. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

That depends on your country ... Get in touch with your local border services

OakleyFrankFMJ and Jacob L like this.
  5. STavros

STavros Land of the Gods and ....Molon Lave

Why would u have to pay fees??

Wicked likes this.
  6. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

What is your location? You say you are shipping your trade to FLA., so no fees for you.

7. Valkie 2

Valkie 2 Oakley Collector

It all depends on what value the seller puts on the customs forms when they ship the item - I've done numerous trades on here and always mark the item as a nominal value and so far none of the recipients have had to pay customs duties

Jacob L likes this.
  8. Jacob L

I'm shipping to a friend of the guy I'm trading with and I'm receiving glasses from the Phillipines

9. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

If you are nervous about this trade, why are you shipping to their friend? (that would make me even more nervous)

10. Jacob L

So I wouldn't have to pay to ship to the Phillipines. Plus I got tracking and all that on it.