• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

European Voltage?

GRFMotorsports

is an Oakley whore
Premium Member
Nixa, Mo
Got a quick questions for some of you over in Europe. My GF and I will be traveling in Europe later this year and I have a question about the plug ins over there. I know I will need an adapter to run anything with an spade plug but what is the common voltage over there? Will I need a converter as well? Is it the same all over Europe or do different countries have different set ups? We will be in Spain, France and Italy specifically. Thanks!

no different plugs for example in the UK and France . . .
she should by a travel kit!

I think he is asking what voltage do they usually use there. I believe it is 220v, probably still have 110v. But just to be safe, bring a voltage converter.

France, Spain, and Italy are all on 220v (in fact most of the EU is) but there are minor fluctuations between countries so any equipment will need to cover 230V +/-10% i.e. 207-253V.

Depends on what you need to plug in, most power adapters (laptops, cells) will charge correctly with the fluctuations in voltage. I've never needed a converter, only the adapter (China, Germany, India).

Sounds like to be on the safe side I will make sure to have the converter as well. I know we will have a computer, I can charge out phones off of that, she will have some "hair" stuff. Im sure we have something else as well but who knows right now. She is going over in a week or so for the weekend as a "crash course".

Of course once we have our itinerary set I'll be scoping out dealers near buy and figuring out what cool EU exclusives I can bring back.

Latest Posts

Back