• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Examine Authenticity Of Oakley Deviation Before Buying From EBay

DOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Israel
Hello guys

i'm looking to buy two pairs of Deviation:
1. Valentino Rossi
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-O...21684760?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item1c454be018

2. Team USA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OAKLEY-DEVI...36413059?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item2ed4aa1983

I've been buying a lot from eBay, but never Oakley sunglasses since it's hard to know if they aren't fake.
from my impression on the Rossi pair is the pics of with white background, look like they been taken from Google. I've checked the SKU# on o-review and it's look legit.
about the USA pair is the same thing wit the pics and also that i can't see the SKU#, and it's kind of weird that there 8 available.

any of you help will be great
thanks

Thanks salj838 and OakleyBoss!

i'll buy them soon.
meanwhile since i think one of the important things for beginners like me in this forum is to learn from experts,
can you give me some advice for what to look to prove authenticity?

For me(and maybe some other members can chime in), the first thing I look at is the general look, does something look off? It may take some time to develop this skill, but you'll notice many fakes look stretched, or squished - generally not right.

Next, one of the big tells is a tag, with an Oakley logo that may or may not be correct. Oakley does not put tags(like clothing tags) on their sunglasses.

Stickers on lenses are also a sign, but can go either way since Oakley does put a Polarized "P" sticker on some Sunglasses, though the sticker I have more often than not seen on Fakes are "O"'s somewhere in the corner of lenses, or even blatant "Oakley" stickers on the center of lenses.

Does anyone else have some other tips?

A lot of new members and even my friends are always sooo concerned about fakes... the easiest way to tell if its fake is by just looking at it! Some may disagree, but most fakes just SCREAM fake and cheap plastic etc. For example of have seen fake jawbones, but their is no jaw... its just one whole piece. LOL it cannot be more fake than that. As time progresses you will be able to spot them a mile away.

The only thing you really need to look out for are authentic oakleys that most believe to be fake... One example is the oakley fandango, Which in my honest opinion is one of the greatest pairs ever made... Rainbow iridium lenses!!!! Some will tell you they're fake but I can assure, the world an oakley employee told me they're real.

Back