1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. DOakley

DOakley Oakley Beginner

Hello guys

i'm looking to buy two pairs of Deviation:
    1. Valentino Rossi
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-O...21684760?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item1c454be018

2. Team USA
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/OAKLEY-DEVI...36413059?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item2ed4aa1983

I've been buying a lot from eBay, but never Oakley sunglasses since it's hard to know if they aren't fake.
    from my impression on the Rossi pair is the pics of with white background, look like they been taken from Google. I've checked the SKU# on o-review and it's look legit.
    about the USA pair is the same thing wit the pics and also that i can't see the SKU#, and it's kind of weird that there 8 available.

any of you help will be great
    thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. salj838

salj838 Oakley Enthusiast

Both are legit mate

OakleyBoss likes this.
  3. DOakley

DOakley Oakley Beginner

Thanks for your quick reply friend

4. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Yup, 100% real, go for it!

5. DOakley

DOakley Oakley Beginner

Thanks salj838 and OakleyBoss!

i'll buy them soon.
    meanwhile since i think one of the important things for beginners like me in this forum is to learn from experts,
    can you give me some advice for what to look to prove authenticity?

6. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

For me(and maybe some other members can chime in), the first thing I look at is the general look, does something look off? It may take some time to develop this skill, but you'll notice many fakes look stretched, or squished - generally not right.

Next, one of the big tells is a tag, with an Oakley logo that may or may not be correct. Oakley does not put tags(like clothing tags) on their sunglasses.

Stickers on lenses are also a sign, but can go either way since Oakley does put a Polarized "P" sticker on some Sunglasses, though the sticker I have more often than not seen on Fakes are "O"'s somewhere in the corner of lenses, or even blatant "Oakley" stickers on the center of lenses.

Does anyone else have some other tips?

7. greg

greg Oakley Enthusiast

A lot of new members and even my friends are always sooo concerned about fakes... the easiest way to tell if its fake is by just looking at it! Some may disagree, but most fakes just SCREAM fake and cheap plastic etc. For example of have seen fake jawbones, but their is no jaw... its just one whole piece. LOL it cannot be more fake than that. As time progresses you will be able to spot them a mile away.

The only thing you really need to look out for are authentic oakleys that most believe to be fake... One example is the oakley fandango, Which in my honest opinion is one of the greatest pairs ever made... Rainbow iridium lenses!!!! Some will tell you they're fake but I can assure, the world an oakley employee told me they're real.

8. salj838

9. DOakley

DOakley Oakley Beginner

thanks for your help guys

salj838 - i'll do my best to read most of it.

10. salj838

best of luck buddy. the good part is after the long read you should know just by looking at the pics if its fake or not. :)