1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

For those that didn't already know, Lux is the devil. Have to get 90% of the way through the piece in order for them to discuss the Oakley/Lux fight-the CEO's "answer" about the Lux takeover (which he insists on referring to as a merger) is amusing.

60 Minutes Video - Huawei, Sticker Shock, Rodriguez - CBS.com

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bouncing_boy77

bouncing_boy77 Oakley Enthusiast

3. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Ibtm.

4. Rezechs

Rezechs Oakley Enthusiast

Batwolf spoke with someone and posted it in the other thread already about all of this.

Last edited by a moderator: 5/21/14
  5. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

I searched and STILL missed these posts. Thanks for linking them. Great post by Batwolf. I agree with him on some things, not on others. I believe some things from the source inside Oakley, not others. Fact is nobody in an upper management or power position in a company like Oakley would even breathe anything negative about Lux, no matter how little influence the Mother Ship does or does not have. I am inclined, as is often the case, to think the truth is somewhere between "Lux is the evil overlord" and the rosy picture painted by the source. I make my living "reading between the lines" with the spoken and written word as well as body language-the Lux CEO was full of **** when answering the questions about Oakley and it wasn't even hard to detect. The bigger point of that piece that is of concern is the fact Lux essentially has a near monopoly...its more than an oligopoly and less than a monopoly but its definitely closer to a monopoly...and the pricing reflects that-and anyone that buys Oakley products has made note many a time about the skyrocketing prices. You can argue Lux is handing that down to Oakley or that Oakley is just pushing the market as far as it goes-the source is the same in that Lux is a price maker and the result is the same in that the consumers get shafted.

6. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

ugh. Brilliant work by sixty.

7. InfiniteHero

InfiniteHero Entrepreneur Premium Member

I spoke with someone also, low level who used to work at SGH. They said they are continuing to see SGH policies and management styles coming into effect in the Oakley stores. They have to be at least influenced.

8. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

When SGH's changed their return policy to 90 days Oakley followed up and changed it to 90 days also.

9. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

Shock Denial Anger Acceptance...I am almost at acceptance about this Snagged a 75 dollar Black HJXLJ 1.0 on Vault Feel better now

10. The frenchy

The frenchy Oakley Beginner

His post is scary as hell, it looks like a Lux employee argumenting to save the face of the company

We should love Oakley for what it will be? I must missed an episode but the time machine is just a watch name, it didn't got invented

X-metal producing is dangerious? Why? And the Nevada argument is crazy, there are tons of reasons why a company choose a state over another one, and the first one is the cost production, there are not the same taxes in Nevada and California, not the same wage levels, etc

And the one on the new design glasses 5 years ago? Are you kidding me? it doesn't need 5 years to think about a glasse design, Shaun White came and did Holbrook pretty fast

Lux does not have an impact on Oakley? So why the old Oakley owners didn't want to sell their company to Lux at first? Why they are gone? Oh yeah they planned it since a long time, sure

I hope it's just innocence, but it's an awful post, it doesn't help Oakley and Lux to deny the reality with this kind of argumentation