• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Excellent 60 Minutes Piece On Lux

Please read my post again. Of course Jim didn't want to sell Oakley in the 90's. It was in the mid 2000's when he was working on his RED camera project that he was thinking of selling the company so that he could give his full attention to his other project. And this can be found anywhere, search Google. Other members also backed me up in the other thread.

Lol you can't deny the fact Lux did everything to buy Oakley against the Oakley owner agreement, using doubtful ways for it since 2001

Even your link says Oakley responded aggressively to the Lux wish

Seriously you are the only one to believ the LUX CEO when he is saying "they understood it was better to be together" (or something like that), even the guy doesn't believe himself smiling while saying this

We are not talking about Jim Jannard (who weren't the only O executive) but the Oakley company, the whole oakley employees weren't working on RED

I never said that, I was simply saying that it was already in Jim's mind to eventually sell.

You can do your own research if you like.

You have to research, Jim Jannard wasn't the only one to decide if he could sell Oakley or not, it wasnt the only executive, he was just the chairman, not the president. No big companies have only one executer, it's a group of people, especially in public companies

The board thought it would've been better to sell at that particular time. Jim didn't agree, but that's not my point. The point was that Jim was already thinking of leaving the company anyways, but of course he got a nice chunk out of the deal.

In fact the Lux CEO words are "they understood life was better together", it's even more ironical

The fact is Lux forced Oakley owners (and not only JJ) to sell the company using the "monopoly" they have on glasses industry, it's a fact, not "someone told me"

In fact the Lux CEO words are "they understood Life was better together", it's even more ironical

The fact is Lux forced Oakley owners (and not only JJ) to sell the company using the monopoly they have on glasses industry, it's a fact, not "someone told me"

If you have all the facts and can't understand when someone is just relaying information they were told, maybe you should just back away and argue with a wall in your own house.

I can understand it, i do, you are the one who doesn't understand something: we can deny an information someone is relaying

So "you should back away and argue with a wall in your own house", at least at this time you would be the one who is right :)

Oakley was doing very well prior to Lux. buying them. They basically are just trading one sales approach for another and while I don't particularly like Lux. approach (more quantity less quality) I have to admit they both worked. The argument that JJ was bullied by a "monopoly" doesn't make sense to me since Oakley thrived on being a "lone wolf" type company. Many long time hard core collectors are actually shying away from newer Oakley products. I, for one, Have been buying less and less (which for me is probably a good thing) because every new release seems very uninspired and less unique than the one before. Now that X-metals are gone I'll have a hard time finding stuff I actually want from them. I think JJ was having fun running Oakley and making a lot of money and expanding his creativity then he decided to go the way of cameras with RED to express his creativity. losing him probably affected ideas and leadership so JJ and the board probably decided it was time to sell.

I can understand it, i do, you are the one who doesn't understand something: we can deny an information someone is relaying

So "you should back away and argue with a wall in your own house", at least at this time you would be the one who is right :)

You can deny whatever you want, but when you are coming across as a smug ******* you aren't portraying yourself in a positive light or helping your argument.

Latest Posts

Back