• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exchange Discussion Sub Genre's

i dont see a "ton" of work. simply create 3 sub forums in the exchange area for "sale", "buy", and "trade". its no different than when the frogskin, and x metals sub forums were separated from the regular sunglasses discussion. in fact, both have 3 sub forums of their own. the exchange forum doesn't even have near as many posts as the sunglasses discussion to "splinter" through. and most of which, are dead threads anyway.

Assume it takes 10 seconds per thread to open, evaluate, and properly file. Some will be faster, some will be longer. You're looking at over 5 hours to sort through every thread. 5 hours in which the forum members will not have access, and likely they need to be 5 consecutive hours. That's a good chunk of time to block out of a day to sort through threads. Plus I'd assume you'd want the Frog and Metal forums to follow suit? That's another ~50% increase. 75% with the misc Oakley section.

And the "dead" threads are still used as reference material to determine buying and selling history for pricing pairs, and maybe for members to track down who may have a grail item they want to go after. The reason threads aren't currently pruned is because they may contain relevant information. The truly dead threads are those in which the seller has edited all of the pertinent information out of the topic, so someone must comb threads individually to determine their usefulness.

What happens to iTrader when all of the links used in feedback scoring get broken?

That feels like a ton of work to me, and a whole can of worms ready to be opened with the possible issues it may cause.

*Note, not being argumentative, merely constructive and debating

Back