1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

The last two weeks have been a rollercoaster. We introduced Oakley Exchange, made new regulations for the exchange forums, and now I am just coming up for air.

The worst part is...I never asked what you wanted! I became so entranced by the idea of Oakley Exchange, that I forgot what all of this was about...you guys!!

So as I believe its better late then never, WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT?

I attached a poll, and want to get your votes. The options I included are below, but you can always reply with another option or idea!

Option 1) Keep OakleyExchange.com and work out the bugs
    Option 2) Return to the old Exchange system and requirements(Fade out Oakley Exchange)
    Option 3) Work on a better Exchange system on Oakley Forum including some elements of Oakley Exchange(bidding, buy it now, payment still separate from Oakley Forum, but a better interface for exchanges. Fade out Oakley Exchange.)
    Option 4) Advanced Exchange system including payment integration(Very similar to eBay, described in this thread http://www.oakleyforum.com/forum-help-rules-suggestions/14428-how-make-exchange-system-better.html Fade out/Merge Oakley Exchange)

ALSO I am in the creative mood lately which is what I think started the Oakley Exchange idea. So is there any major additions to the Oakley Forum you would like to see. Things on other forums you like? i.e New Sections, New look, New features, Marketplace(what we discussed above), User Stores(Users can have stores and sell items), ANYTHING. The sky's the limit!!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I'd probably say option 2 because honestly I haven't seen anything happen on OakleyExchange.com yet.

EDIT: Actually I change mine to option 4.

3. good2mod

good2mod Oakley Collector

Option 2

4. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I think 4 would be nice. If I'm understanding correctly, it would be the best of both worlds.

5. niteowl03

niteowl03 Oakley Beginner

Option 2

6. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Yeah I had to read it again to understand but I am changing mine to option 4.

7. ZEEK

ZEEK Oakley Beginner

option 4

8. big bopper

big bopper Oakley Enthusiast

oakleyexchange.com has only been running a couple of weeks, not enough time to measure it's success or otherwise. Why not give it more time to bed in before chopping and changing again?

Cheers,

9. KKSigs

KKSigs Oakley Beginner

option 2 or 4

10. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Mostly because of the feedback from members. I have considered keeping the site running, but many members, as the poll shows, would like to see the exchange sections return to the old requirements. Even after the requirements are dropped, the site will continue to run for a few months, as members finish transactions and listings expire. We will not just delete the site overnight.

We may continue to have the site run, make improvements, even if we drop the requirements for the exchange sections.