• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exchange Prices

Supero100

Oakley Expert
Although the ads are somewhat amusing, the exchange is busy enough to keep up on without someone trying to get a pair of x metals $200-$500 below the market...

Similarly some folks have posts with asking prices through the roof. These ads don't bother me as much as the former.

I don't have a solution... but I'm sure some of you smart people have ideas... btw the premium members // members with >250 posts in my experience are reasonable...

I was also thinking of an anonymous pricing tracking system tied to the feedback system... publish the average of the last 10 transaction per oakley model number? For a price to be included or verified in the system both the buyer and seller have to enter it independently (with clickboxes for frame condition, lens condition, box, coin, bag, case etc) as part of the feedback process? Just spitballing

Although the ads are somewhat amusing, the exchange is busy enough to keep up on without someone trying to get a pair of x metals $200-$500 below the market...

Similarly some folks have posts with asking prices through the roof. These ads don't bother me as much as the former.

I don't have a solution... but I'm sure some of you smart people have ideas... btw the premium members // members with >250 posts in my experience are reasonable...

I was also thinking of an anonymous pricing tracking system tied to the feedback system... publish the average of the last 10 transaction per oakley model number? For a price to be included or verified in the system both the buyer and seller have to enter it independently (with clickboxes for frame condition, lens condition, box, coin, bag, case etc) as part of the feedback process? Just spitballing

Hmm, you know it is always hard to regulate prices. What is fair? What isn't? Traditional economics says something is worth, what someone is willing to pay. That is why, we really allow people to name whatever price they want. I do like the idea of integrating price into listings, possibly having a simple input box for price, to make it easier to see from thread view, and from there integrating a price monitoring tool for sold items.

Would love to hear other ideas.

Prices dont tell the whole story. What about condition, boxes, inserts like cards & pins, extras thrown in. I think its fine just the way it is now. No need to turn this into a communist state where every move is regulated by someone else.

On another note with the price boxes. A few weeks ago we were on a kick to combine for sale threads to clean it up a bit. This would get us back to individual posts again right?

It aint broke folks....

@GRFMotorsports Huh? Nobody has said it'd be regulated, or that people couldn't ask what they wanted. Also, in my post, I had a thought about condition as well as the extras. However, at the end of the day, I'm mostly talking about better current and historical price info being available. Look how active the "ask value" thread is...

Ebay gets super overinflated though. Sometimes it's simply because people need to recoop costs, but a lot of times, it's simply because someone else's auction is overinflated with a matching item. Hell, I've gotten several items on Ebay by just messaging the person that did not have a "Make Offer" tag up, and telling them that I would give them way less through paypal if they wanted to do it. The fact that I've been so succesful with it tells me that people know that what they're asking for is valued less.

I really like the idea of a price entered on feedback or somewhere. Personally, my favorite thing to see is when people don't delete the price they were selling something for and just put the word SOLD at the end or something. That's only really self regulated, but it's still something to reference.

I really like the idea of a price entered on feedback or somewhere. Personally, my favorite thing to see is when people don't delete the price they were selling something for and just put the word SOLD at the end or something. That's only really self regulated, but it's still something to reference.
I'm a big fan of this. Having archived pricing info is a huge help when trying to value things for others looking to sell.

I've also advocated leaving sale prices intact on completed listings as a guideline for valuation.
I don't see why folks change the price to SOLD where the price was. Its not like the IRS has run out of Tea Party organizations to audit and are now coming after capital gains on Oakley sales, Leave the prices up for the record...

I've also advocated leaving sale prices intact on completed listings as a guideline for valuation.
I don't see why folks change the price to SOLD where the price was. Its not like the IRS has run out of Tea Party organizations to audit and are now coming after capital gains on Oakley sales, Leave the prices up for the record...

I feel you on this. But sellers reason is that noobs still think it is available when they see prices still posted.

It can easily be crossed off and still left viewable.

EDIT: What happened to the strikethrough button? I've used it within the last couple weeks I'm pretty sure.

Latest Posts

Back