• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exchange Prices

I dont buy and sell but from a search stand point maybe having a check box that for a complete new in box and not complete/ not perfect might help with searching for prices. That seems to affect the prices the most.

then a person searching can know what a complete new in box item goes for vs somethig that is not complete or not perfect.

Last edited:
Hando said:
?....Hell, I've gotten several items on Ebay by just messaging the person that did not have a "Make Offer" tag up, and telling them that I would give them way less through paypal if they wanted to do it. The fact that I've been so succesful with it tells me that people know that what they're asking for is valued less.

I keep doing this as well. And many times i am able to get a deal...sad to say that the "over inflation" of prices happens on the forum all too much as well, thus another reason for the cancellation of prices on the wts threads...lately i am kind of disappointed with the posted prices on the forum...a PM is really necessary to bring the seller back to earth...

It can easily be crossed off and still left viewable.

EDIT: What happened to the strikethrough button? I've used it within the last couple weeks I'm pretty sure.

Can be found here:
Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 9.56.37 AM.png

My .02 is that things can be improved by implementing some sort of template. Standardizing the content and layout via a template would make it easier to read and encourage listers to include all of the desired data points.

IMHO the price amounts are what they are; it's a self-regulating free market. Though I too would prefer people leave their prices instead of marking out as sold, since (even with a template) listers will need to be able to change prices if they want to drop them, there's no way to prevent them from wiping it out; even if the field required a number they could still put 0. But a bullet option to mark a specific item as sold encourages them to leave it. (BTW, realize listed price isn't always sold-for price; buyer may have negotiated a better deal with seller and I doubt the seller ever updates the listed price to what it actually went for).

Its to bad people mostly think of this place as ebay 2.0.
People seem to forget or just dont read all the origins of the community, but selling and buying is what the forum is about for so many now... Just how i feel, ill crawl back in my hole now and let people enjoy themselves.

I was shocked at that thread the other day with the gent looking for an X Squared for $200....lol. As if. Then the Romeo for $150..... was he just a troll?

I also agree the prices ought to be left up to establish a baseline or trend. Even the prices on E-Bay are not always a good indicator.....most folks probably don't go to the completed auctions part to see actual sales prices of how many weeks something went unsold.
Tim

I didn't know there was a completed auctions trend analysis thing... could you possibly link that for a set of sunglasses or something?

I didn't know there was a completed auctions trend analysis thing... could you possibly link that for a set of sunglasses or something?
When you do a search on ebay, scroll down and look on the left-hand side of the page. Under the heading "Show Only", you will find the option to filter the results to returns accepted, completed listings, or sold listings...

Back