• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exclusive Holiday Release Of Classic Oakley Wires

How do you know? Just curious, did you hear from a rep, manager, insider source, etc?

You know what my bad. You are right. I was just going off from what the website says, old version of wires made in usa back then indicated discontinued no longer made. And the new wires says new limited edition re release plus made in china Luxottica era. Sorry.

You know what my bad. You are right. I was just going off from what the website says, old version of wires made in usa back then indicated discontinued no longer made. And the new wires says new limited edition re release plus made in china Luxottica era. Sorry.

Aside from the SKU not being the same as the old pairs, the website says nothing about where or how these are made. Yes, it's a re-release.

Until someone grabs a pair and looks at the frame or box we have no idea where they're made.

Aside from the SKU not being the same as the old pairs, the website says nothing about where or how these are made. Yes, it's a re-release.

Until someone grabs a pair and looks at the frame or box we have no idea where they're made.

You have a point and my apologies for assuming.

Can anyone who bought these post some pics when they get them to clarify this matter?

Last edited:
these re-released wires are old stock or new / made in China? I love the original T-wire and thinking to buy one.

To back up my simple answer if "new"

1) photos are different

Discontinued no longer made.

ubamuqy6.jpg

New limited edition "re-release".

u2uda2e3.jpg

Insuffice?

2) sku numbers are different

Old 05-502 New OO6012-01
Still not enough?

3) If they are remaking wires, where will it be manufactured? It is Suxotica era - China.

Still won't believe me?

4) I called Oakley Vault in Houston and confirmed it that hey are made in china.

To see is to believe?

So someone finally purchased them. And stated there is made in China on the left arm.

a7ade2e5.jpg

Hope that answers your question.

Last edited:
These are junk..saw them last week.Made in China trash...They are NOT like the originals...I'm sick of the junk Oakley is putting out...Luxottica destroyed them.

Back