1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. barok0208

barok0208 Oakley Enthusiast

Hi! Just thought of sharing my typical excuse when my wife notices that I have been buying sunglasses every now and then. Several months ago, I have sold a lot of x metals and 2 OTTs and some other frames and I used that fund to buy other Oakley items. Up until now, I have been buying more than what the fund has provided. When my wife knows about it, I just said it came from the sale of my previous items and just arrives now. Hope she does not do some calculation, otherwise, I would be busted! I am not sure if she knows but she does get mad at me.. Not the best excuse but works well I guess... hahaha...

share your own..

Last edited: 2/17/14
    GoldenGatePeepers and Wavecloud like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

It is a great deal and I can not pass up. Plus this is my last purchase, I promise! :p

thisguy and atrain like this.
  3. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

No excuses, got rid of the wife...
    Its my money.

#1 Stunna!, btr, atrain and 9 others like this.
  4. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

When you have 30-40-50 ....pairs. Your wife looses count and you can tell her u got them weeks ago. Just make sure you beat her to the boxes at the door.

#1 Stunna!, paff and Sunglass Shack like this.
  5. ericforman

ericforman Oakley Expert

As long as I can pay rent my room mates don't care haha. They do make fun of me a bit for it though.

6. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Have sold a few that have allowed me to almost cover the entire cost of my 12 pair collection. Only reason I've been able to compile that many :)

7. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

I make sure the girlfriend gets some pairs every now and then too, so there's no complaints.

atrain, Dallas O Hog and barok0208 like this.
  8. barok0208

barok0208 Oakley Enthusiast

now this is something.. hahaha....

9. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

i DID that and wifey was thankful (caia koopman ravishing which she loved, some jupiter squares and other wire frames).....
    but she is just not THAT into shades so she still notices but keeps quiet, until we have piling expenses that need to be addressed, haha.

good thing i have stopped collecting. simply put, i have all i want and maybe a few i want but not so enticed to get....

10. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

if its an expensive pair I just wear them straight from the time I pick them up... I wear them until I get home and when my wife notices and asks "is that a new pair?" I would just answer? "what? I was wearing this pair already for the past month, its not new!"... works like a charm!