• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Excuses For Your Oakleys

No wife, but I finally got the longtime gf into Oakley eyeware. For a long time she was just meh about it and always gave me that look when a new pair came in. Finally one day I pushed her hard to pick out a pair she really liked, and I got it for her. Well since that first pair she may not be in love with Oakley like I am, but every time the sun is out she is reaching into her section of the display case to grab a pair to wear and actually discusses my future pickups with me! I will tell you it is much more fulfilling to share this obsession with your significant other. On the other hand, ignorance is sometimes bliss haha!

I just make fake selling ads in local CL (put it on nobody cares section) for the pair i just received and show it to my wife and she easily got forgotten when i take it one by one to my office and rotate as it appear being sold.

Haha honestly she shouldn't need to ask you, it should just be rhetorical... A more appropriate question for her would be "So when is the next one coming in?"
She usually doesn't ask while I'm home. It's when I'm away at work and she does the post office run for me that she asks how many more incoming so she's not going back and forth all the time. Collects all the slips and goes through once a week.

So Im the bad guy for having priorities? :D
My new GF has 4 pair and some goggles so far. Shes utterly amazed I can tell her what model each of my 260+ pairs are. Not that any of us think thats amazing.

Latest Posts

Back