• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Excuses For Your Oakleys

The Wife's an accountant and she pays the bills so I can't really BS her on my purchases. We both have personal accounts in addition to our joint accounts and technically as long as I can afford it from my personal funds then I can spend it, but she gets upset anyway (quote from The Wife - "My money is my money and your money is my money").

But, one of the things on my (unwritten) list of Rules Of Life:

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission."

Haha I make the oakley room all messy then "rearrange" everything lol and walaa. Also no shipments to house. Comes.to job

I make the money. I spend it how I see fit. It's a benevolent dictatorship. I don't pick on her discretionary spending for the most part.

If she wants more control over money, she can get a different job with more stress, and / or go figure out how to make more. I'm maxxed on the stress, but I make plenty.

"Justify" or "excuses" makes it sound like it needs approval. F* that

This girl im seeing thinks its ridiculous but I tell her hey I dont give you **** with all the shoes and purses you buy and tell her I can resell all my collection and she cant do the same with used shoes. My mom on the other hand thinks im an idiot lol. When she saw my double wide she said "I liked your smaller case better" lol she was talking about my countertop.

I try to pull the whole hey babe I've had those for quite awhile thing, but being I had only 20 or so pairs she was good at noticing the new pairs ha but I'm over thirty now so maybe I can start pulling that off plus I got her the TACA necessity a pair she's been wanting since I started buying Oakleys. Which has kept her off my back ha. Now I just need the TACA fuel cells to match! :)

The only person I have to make excuses to if my self. I am married and my wife does think I am ridiculous for all the glasses and other items I have. Typically my addiction gets the best of me and I find some way to convince my self to pull out the wallet. I keep a spare bank account just for Oakley gear, which is why the wife does not give me grief about it, at least till that account is empty and I find a "deal."

The only person I have to make excuses to if my self. I am married and my wife does think I am ridiculous for all the glasses and other items I have. Typically my addiction gets the best of me and I find some way to convince my self to pull out the wallet. I keep a spare bank account just for Oakley gear, which is why the wife does not give me grief about it, at least till that account is empty and I find a "deal."

A spare bank account just for Oakley gear, now that's some serious intent...:cool-20:

Back