• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Extravagant Shipping And Handling.

just pay it, and leave his feedback with negative rating about over charging double on shipping!! :)
eBay will overturn that pretty quickly when the shipping was actually listed as twice what the seller ended up charging. Sorry OP, but if you wanted a different shipping price, you should have made sure the seller adjusted it before the auction ended.

I would kindly send him a message that there are options to ship it quickly that would cost half the $11 or whatever, but if he sticks to that, you've gotta pay it, and no you can't leave negative feedback for what is your mistake.

Again, the seller may be quoting UPS costs, which are significantly higher than USPS. Some people just think UPS is the only/best option for shipping non-envelopes.

eBay will overturn that pretty quickly when the shipping was actually listed as twice what the seller ended up charging. Sorry OP, but if you wanted a different shipping price, you should have made sure the seller adjusted it before the auction ended.

Agreed. It could have been $24.95 the way the auction said. You agree to all his terms when you bid so there's no way out. An $8 lesson is cheap compared to what some pay.

:offtopic: funny thing is these stands cost dealers .99 (if they charge at all) and thats the only way they get in the market. single, double or triple all have a 0.99 list. :lolsign:

I would kindly send him a message that there are options to ship it quickly that would cost half the $11 or whatever, but if he sticks to that, you've gotta pay it, and no you can't leave negative feedback for what is your mistake.
i totally agree it has become a very important step to contact sellers for shipping costs before buying something, at least it was not a more expensive mistake. i would hope he would have the feedback overturned for the mistake of a buyer.

Agreed. It could have been $24.95 the way the auction said. You agree to all his terms when you bid so there's no way out. An $8 lesson is cheap compared to what some pay.
Thankfully, I have all the emails and communications where the price shown for shipping in the auction was a mistake and that the seller agreed to a lower price for shipping the item. I covered my butt here @nlgrav182 by establishing a contract with the seller that overrules the contract listed on eBay.

The secondary market dictates the price. Supply and demand. :)
I still dont understand why O doesn't sell simple stands through authorized dealers ... it would mostly destroy the grey market in larger urban areas and ease up (lower) the prices in the grey market areas with a steady and available supply ...

We're not asking for crazy double wide spine cases for 50$ ... just dinky plastic stand to put in our double wide spine case :p

Back