• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Eye Jacket Questions.

i recently found some FMJ Eye jackets, his username here is oakleyman2424. im going to buy them

question #1: is there anything specific i should know? weak points? paint wear? anything?

questoin #2: could i use it on a baseball field without them breaking? i know they older just making sure.

question #3: what cases fit eye jackets? any current ones or will i have to do some digging?

The older omatter frames tend to be fragile over the years (pre 1999ish) if your planing on using these on a daily basis and play sports in them, I would suggest finding a newer frame that will be more durable and last longer.

The eye jacket is very prone to breaking. Especially the ear stems break very easily. It is indeed because it is pre 1999 o-matter which has a higher amount of nylon in it and for that it is less flexible.
Only the earstems bend out to clamp on your head, and the orbitals don't. So all stress comes on the earstems, that combined with the fact that the material itself is less flexible makes them quite fragile.

I have been using my FMJ Jackets for years on the field, but mine are the New Eye Jackets which have the rounded joint at the orbital and not the square ends which are definitely more fragile. I don't even like wearing my first gen jackets at all because they feel so fragile but if these are the new eye jackets they are perfect!

I have been using my FMJ Jackets for years on the field, but mine are the New Eye Jackets which have the rounded joint at the orbital and not the square ends which are definitely more fragile. I don't even like wearing my first gen jackets at all because they feel so fragile but if these are the new eye jackets they are perfect!

+1
I have 8 pairs of Eye Jackets , 4 of pre 1999 and 4 post 1999.... and i wear the post 1999 so much more due to the comfort and the durability of the O-matter compared to the earlier pairs. So with saying that, the post 1999 would still be perfectly fine for sports.

Latest Posts

Back