• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EYEFRAMESMAN MARS

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
From what I understand when the big lot was found at HQ,the frames were all serialized by Oakley.mine is M020639 is that a continuation of the mars's numbers or did they make 20,000 + of these frames.

I'm pretty sure they made that many. I have that one that's number 29, and I have one that's 23xxx.

Idk if they started a new number set for craters, leathers, and regulars tho, but I would imagine they did

Last edited:
no they did not make new ones. they just found some new old stock items in their massive warehouses. most of the frames will have higher numbers because they are some of the last ones made and serialized. i do not know if the seller got some of that stash or if his/her stash is from something else.

I wish she would answer some of those questions, this find intrigues me for some reason, kinda like the hemi in the barn stories.people get weird when it comes to money on stuff like this , I hope one day we could do an "ask eyeframesman" but im pretty sure thats not gonna happen.

Would be interesting to start an xmetal registry here on site. Data like that could fill many informational gaps like this one.

Maybe someone on here can get an interveiw with the buyer and give us the inside story.

Back