• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EYEFRAMESMAN MARS

Just weird oakley let her buy em or have em
No, that's what you do with unfinished/ discontinued product that's laying around- you get rid of it and focus on what is current in your line-up. X Metals were not as desirable back in the day as were the Medusas. Medusas were unbelievably cheap at the end of their run and now they are a $1500-2000 grail. From Pennyhoney:
"I am really surprised these Mars were not part of the Nordstrom Rack special back in 2009 when the Juliets and Romeo 2.0 were sold for only a paltry $69.99 and there were lots and lots of them distributed nationwide in abundance. I guess Nordstrom Rack may have thought nobody would buy the radical Mars for $69.99 and therefore passed on the crates of Mars. Anyway, nothing will ever beat the $50 each (tax included) HQ parking lot prices of the Leather Mars and Craters. I miss those days!"
Read more: http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/crate-mars.20719/page-5#ixzz2poavjzo8

The story goes that some employees found random boxes of fully sealed Mars and Oakley cleared them out at their sidewalk sale. They are referred to as Crate Mars.
Discussed before:
Are these Mars frames real? | Oakley Forum
Is Mars Crater worth buying? | Oakley Forum
Crate Mars | Oakley Forum
The key info from 7/30/13:
"I bought all of this product 7 years ago and had sealed product and unsealed product that was for display. I sold out all of the sealed product first in the first 3 years. All gone. What I am selling now is what is left. I still have about 300 pair, so I will still be selling for a while.Read more: http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/is-mars-crater-worth-buying.16233/page-5#ixzz2poZ4HrQ2 "

Last edited:
from what I was told about "Last One" being put on auctions is if the the seller lists more than 1 item available and the other items sell and the auction is down to 1 Ebay automatically puts "Last One" into the auction listing. Someone posted before they had asked the seller and was told they could continue to sell for a couple years if I remember right.

I do understand that. She typically runs 2 pair at a time but she ended this auction after selling one of the two and ended the second so it is atypical.
I thought that when she was speaking about her quantity she was speaking about Mars.

I missed a deal from a forum member here letting his craters go for $315 or something..
He referred me to eyeframesman. I messaged him/her. He/she responded a couple days later, and said they would put a listing up on the weekend. Not sure if it was my interest or others also messaging but he/she didn't have anything for sale for a while and just came out of hiding last week.

I bought 2 pairs At $350 a pair. It's the best price I'm liable to find for new craters I think.
I paypal'd directly and got free shipping, but right after I paid the ebay listing started saying only 2 available. I kinda freaked out thinking someone else might snag them even though I already paid for them outside ebay. I messaged eyeframesman about it who calmly got back to me saying he/she has "plenty of product don't worry about it"
So yeah...probably has stacks and stacks of mars filling the garage, and it's like his/her sole source of easy money income. Talk about a stroke of luck to be in the right place at the right time back then at the sidewalk sale, or there to claim surplus stock or something, and with money and wits about it to invest?? That's a freaking stars aligning retirement package right there. Figure he/she's making $300 on every sale, that's 600% profit going off at least a few times a month, unreal.

I missed a deal from a forum member here letting his craters go for $315 or something.. He referred me to eyeframesman. I messaged him/her. He/she responded a couple days later, and said they would put a listing up on the weekend. Not sure if it was my interest or others also messaging but he/she didn't have anything for sale for a while and just came out of hiding last week.
:behindsofa:

She will have them for another year but they will probably keep going up in price as her numbers diminish.

They started out at like $150 and then I paid $230 a few months ago.

She jumped up to $380 not long ago then her last auction was for $350. I guess it just depends on how she feels when she posts!

Back