• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Factory Blemishes Or Just Seller?

kamikazestory

Oakley Beginner
i purchased these shaun white frogskins this week from a seller on here. they are stated as brand new never used.
receiving them i was happy with them until i opened them and had a good look at them in the sunlight
the lens has a tiny mark/scratch on the surface. the bridge also is scuffed up.
i am just wondering if this happens often with oakleys or is it a one off factory defect or is it the seller? i usually just buy direct from oakleys site or instore so i dont usually have this problem. any help would be good!

the lens isnt a huge problem cause you cant really notice unless you look up close but the scuff is noticeable.

7564764772_7e18161cf4_b.jpg

7564763612_3e26ebd6c5_b.jpg

Not too many come from HQ with a scratch on the lens. I would blame the seller on this one. I've had some come in with what looks to be a scratch, didn't initially come off with the Baggie, but with a little more pressure, it came right out. Did you buff it real good?

Yeah, scuffs on the bridge are not uncommon, especially with polished frames. Like theflyingtomato says it could be scuffing from the box. Oakley used to put the Frogskins in a plastic wrapper but if these weren't stored in the wrapper or microbag but just put in the box unprotected this can sometimes happen. Oakley have done away with the plastic wrapper now and just put them straight in the microbag. The SW Frogskins were also notorious for having bent stems. When you lay the glasses down on a flat surface one stem would be raised off the surface.

I've never had one supplied with a scratched lens though, maybe I've just been lucky.

These did come in a plastic bag over the sunglasses themselves. If it came that way straight from the source or added on later I do not know
I tried to use some eyeglass cleaner on them and it didn't affect it. I haven't tried to buff it with full force. I'd hate to ruin them if I cleaned too hard.

These did come in a plastic bag over the sunglasses themselves. If it came that way straight from the source or added on later I do not know
I tried to use some eyeglass cleaner on them and it didn't affect it. I haven't tried to buff it with full force. I'd hate to ruin them if I cleaned too hard.

I sold these to you.
Sent them to you in factory packaging, never opened them.
I've seen similar marks on other Frogskins in other color ways I've got.
Just use soap and water and these usually come off.
Never rub lenses with dry cloth, ever.
Always with some moisture.

I would try the oakley cleaning solution rather than soap or water as OOO suggested if you are going to be trying to clean it off...

if they were unopened, then i'm pretty sure the marks on the lenses will be able to come off. with the proper cleaning solution/technique as suggested by others.

tried to clean it with some soap and water. the mark still remains. i might just have to mark it up as a factory defect then.
maybe i can try the oakley cleaning kit some other time.

tried to clean it with some soap and water. the mark still remains. i might just have to mark it up as a factory defect then.
maybe i can try the oakley cleaning kit some other time.

i would say most likely. coz OOO is a damn straight up and legit guy for sure.

Back