1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. 96.SVT.COBRA

96.SVT.COBRA Oakley Enthusiast

The more I see them the more I like the Jupiter style. I'm looking at getting a pair of them and wondering which ones everyone prefers? I have narrowed my search down to a few different styles with ice lenses and the first is a carbon set with ice iridium polarized. I have also seen a carbon with the matte brushed silver with ice iridium lenses. Any input on these? Also, what characteristics can I look for to determine what model I am looking at?
    Thanks everyone!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Factory Lite has aluminum orbitals. They fit a little more snug.

Factory carbon have O Matter orbitals. They fit better for large/wider heads.

I thought it was ridiculous for Oakley to release the carbons, change the orbitals to plastic, then charge more than the lites for them. All depends on what fits you better. The value is definitely in the lites over the carbon with the aluminum material. My factory lites are my most worn pairs because the fold slim to keep in my suit pockets and can be worn dressed up or down. It's nice to know that I can't accidentally break them by sitting on them either. They're very durable.

3. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

I'd say JFL's because of the 'cool' factor...

4. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Its just a matter of metal or plastic? Jfl for me.

5. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Yeah agree. I love the look of the Carbon Jupiter, but metal Oakleys are always a preference for me. If you haven't already, go to a local Oakley Store/Sunglasshut and try both on. Some people don't like the weight of a Jupiter Factory lite vs O Matter.

pjd1234 likes this.
  6. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Yer sir i did have a carbon once but returned it i dont like the plastic feel. I did instead got me 2 jfls blue pola instead they are cheaper now than the plastics.

7. 96.SVT.COBRA

Factory Lite or Carbon Jupiter's? - JFL_zps1f8ae4f1.jpg

From everything I've seen, these are JFL's right? What would everyone say is the going price for these in good condition?

pjd1234 and TheWannaBe like this.
  8. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

not that expensive a new one 175 I think

9. atty_65

atty_65 Oakley magician Premium Member

i got a ferrari for sale! :)

10. 96.SVT.COBRA

I've been eyeing the silver/ice combo though! I guess I could tell the officer when I get pulled over it's all in the glasses which is why I was exceeding the speed limit :)

TheWannaBe likes this.