• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Factory Pilot Gloves

yteka99

Oakley Beginner
s/e Michigan
I'm not sure if my Factory Pilot gloves are fake or not but I bought them off ebay for 30$ (retail 90$) about 2 years ago. I used them with my mountain bike and still do but I also used them with my motorcycle untill I could afford a proper road glove. These have ripped quite a bit though. My buddy has a real pair that he said he was wearing when he was deployed to Iraq and says he's had no problems with them. I wish I could justify a new pair :( I really love these gloves.
2012-06-12_09-03-17_405.jpg

2012-06-12_09-02-45_31.jpg

2012-06-12_09-02-38_168.jpg

Those look quite fake. Poor stitching, wrong leather for the palm, probably a few other issues I can't see.

I have a set of retail Factory Pilot w/ Leather Palm I can take pics of when I get home.

SpliceD- as far as I know the SI sets were originally the same as the factory pilots. I don't think much has changed with this glove. I've seen SI pairs and I really wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Whether a thicker leather is used, or slight changes have been made to improve function, I don't know.

They have made a couple models that were quite similar. I think they had changes for roping or fire retardant, though I don't specifically remember.

Yup, different material used in the palms and my knuckles are very shiny. I'm not complaining, they get the job done just fine and look cool as hell. I bought my buddies gloves for a present for him from the actual "O" Store so I know his aren't fake. I never really compared the two but it's nice to know for a fact they aren't real instead of questioning if I should buy another pair or not. Any comments on how strong the real ones are? I would like to use them for my motorcycle gloves instead of full gauntlet style gloves I use that don't pick up on my ipod touch. But I also wouldn't use a glove on the street that would just rip up if I do happen to go down.

I don't know where exactly you're at, but there's a place at I think 26 Mile and Mound called Sport Bike Track Gear that has a good amount of stuff. They'll be able to point you at an armored glove from Alpinestars or whoever and you'll get a glove for the specific purpose. Much more padding on the top of the hand and fitted well.

My Oakley gloves are cool, but I have complaints about the slack material in the palm, and the thumb is too long. If you go with a synthetic glove you'll be able to buy one that fits you, and IIRC short cuff gloves start in the $40 range.

I actually have Alpinestar SP-X gloves that I wear now. But who doesn't like to rock a little Oakley gear? I'll figure out something, like a sticker or something though.

From what i understand, the gloves you can buy from the stores use different material from the ones used by the military.

The item numbers are all the same for the Factory Pilot and SI Assault, they should be exactly the same.

Qusetion: What do you guys use the gloves for? I get issued mil gloves but never really used them for anything besides work and working on cars. Whats the difference between bike gloves over these oakley? I havent been issued and oakleys yet cause the military will only put out for the cheaper stuff. I'm thinking of getting a pair, just dont know if it is worth it to invest since i will be using them for biking only.

Back