• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Icons?

rustypixel

Oakley Beginner
I don't know if this even matters cause it's mainly a decorative piece, but I'm sure that there are some out there that like to keep things 100% authentic when it comes to all parts of their Oakleys. So my questions are; is there a way to verify the authenticity of icons found on ebay? And are there such things as fake icons?

Thanks.

The icons are just little metal pieces with stickers on them. If they fit and don't fade/chip/flake etc then there's probably no real way to tell.

I kind of figured that it would be hard if not impossible to tell if icons were fake or not. Another question that comes to mind (since I'm bored and have nothing better do to), where would sellers on ebay get these icons? For example, Oakly doesn't seem to sell icons for glasses like the Fuel Cell but there are plenty available on ebay.

Thanks again.

I have been wondering about one specific seller (ucla9090) on the Icons.... They seem to have an over abundance of them and there have been a few colors I have not seen available...
Like mentioned they are just small accessory pieces, but I still wonder and have not purchased from them because of my suspicions.

Thats exactly what's keeping me from making a purchase. I know the seller you're referring to and know that it's only $15 (about) but I'd still like to hear from any one that has purchased these and what the quality is. Especially since you can't return them.

I have been wondering about one specific seller (ucla9090) on the Icons.... They seem to have an over abundance of them and there have been a few colors I have not seen available...
Like mentioned they are just small accessory pieces, but I still wonder and have not purchased from them because of my suspicions.

Buy them like you would aftermarket lenses. They may not be genuine, but you're getting them to complete a certain look.

In fact, I'd be much less hesitant to buy those icons than a set of lenses from some other company. You're not really compromising the pair, and you can always go back to the stock icons if the eBay set doesn't end up working out with little issue.

I'd have to really be after completing a certain look/style to spend money on icons though.

Thats exactly what's keeping me from making a purchase. I know the seller you're referring to and know that it's only $15 (about) but I'd still like to hear from any one that has purchased these and what the quality is. Especially since you can't return them.

I have purchased oil rig icons and fuel cell icons from ucla9090. The fuel cell are hard to tell, the oil rig II icons are 100% authentic. I believe the fuel cell icons are real too, but have no way of 100% authentication.

Back