• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake jawbones

Robert Greenough

Oakley Expert
Today I went into cash converters here in Canada,and seen a pair of jawbones ,
Just displayed today,
Now is their any way to tell if they are fake.
They have two extra lense ,three total black,yellow and red.
Thinking of going back tomorrow to buy,any advice would be much appreciated from the pros on the site.
Cheers
Opps the want $80.00 and in real good shape.

There are spots inside the nose piece which tend to be a dead give away..

Check for icons on the lower jaws ...

A proper case, bag, box and extra nose pads may hint to a legit pair ...

Today I went into cash converters here in Canada,and seen a pair of jawbones ,
Just displayed today,
Now is their any way to tell if they are fake.
They have two extra lense ,three total black,yellow and red.
Thinking of going back tomorrow to buy,any advice would be much appreciated from the pros on the site.
Cheers
Opps the want $80.00 and in real good shape.

I'm skeptical there. Most fakes come with 3 sets of lenses, and in that combo.

Slim chance this one coincidentally was a real one with such lenses bundled. But definitely check inside the frames (remove the lenses) for the rubber pads inside.

There are spots inside the nose piece which tend to be a dead give away..

Check for icons on the lower jaws ...

A proper case, bag, box and extra nose pads may hint to a legit pair ...
Jeeze Lexpempo Lightning reply.
Like I said in some earlier posts.may sound silly where is the jaws:whistle:do the legit glasses come back with extra nose pads.basiically if they don't have extra nose pads,PASS.i screwed up a couple of days ago and bought a scuffed up pair of hy jinx.dont wanna be burnt twice.
Cheers
Rob:hi:

I'm skeptical there. Most fakes come with 3 sets of lenses, and in that combo.

Slim chance this one coincidentally was a real one with such lenses bundled. But definitely check inside the frames (remove the lenses) for the rubber pads inside.
What an awesome bunch of guys.
Now I don't wanna go into a store and try to get out the lenses ,:lol: and not have a clue what I'm doing:aggressive:.
I'm pretty sharp at things in general.where do I enen start to pop them out.i have researched they just kinna pop out with a twist :lolsign::( ..I'll probably end up buying fakes knowing me.:headbang:.
Thanks you guys for the prompt replys:hi:

Ventruck .when you say they came with three pairs of lenses.this pair has a red pair installed and a yellow and black as a spare.three total.peowww.
Now should they have three spares ?
Sorry for being so naive
Rob

If it looks anything like this, likely fake as ****. Notice how they tried to advertise with the box and packaging. Cloth is fake. It's clearly not a LiveStrong edition either. The red lenses here don't resemble anything by Oakley. Usually the Jawbone only has one alternate lens set.
g_style_color_b82220_oakley_sunglasses_strong_jawbone_livestrong_in_red_mix_white_with_gray_lens.jpg

Think of it this way if you're really unsure:

You miss out on a pair, namely a Jawbone, it's still around to be picked up elsewhere.

You pick up a fake, you missed out on a real one AND lost your money.

All you need to do is open the jaw, take the lens out, and look at the screw that holds in the nosepiece. If it's flat nose they're fake. If it's a roundish rivet looking screw they should be real. Also look for style numbers and see if they match. Anything custom wouldn't have had a style number on the arm.

I'll try to find my pics of the screws and post them.

If it looks anything like this, likely fake as ****. Notice how they tried to advertise with the box and packaging. Cloth is fake. It's clearly not a LiveStrong edition either. The red lenses here don't resemble anything by Oakley. Usually the Jawbone only has one alternate lens set.
g_style_color_b82220_oakley_sunglasses_strong_jawbone_livestrong_in_red_mix_white_with_gray_lens.jpg

Think of it this way if you're really unsure:

You miss out on a pair, namely a Jawbone, it's still around to be picked up elsewhere.

You pick up a fake, you missed out on a real one AND lost your money.
Ventruck,I'm gonna take your your and othe members advice and leave the alone.
I don't wanna be knocked down twice in three days :lolsign::mad::mad: with lack of experiance with oakleys.
The wife will kill me :lol:.but like you say best left alone.
I'm just one of them guys who jumps into things then regrets big time.
I'll just wait till I get my awaited holbrooks ,
From a honest guy ,not cash converters.
Many thanks to all the replys and expert advice,priceless.:hi:.

Oakster ,thanks for that advice ,im not one to do all that checking about in a store.particuraly when you don't know what your doing,:blush:.
I'd rather do without.i guess I'm just jumping the gun.haha.
But I really am thankfull for the expert advice.:hi:
Like they say lots of more fish in the water.

Back