1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

a couple of them on there now. I actually bid on one just to file a claim after i receive it, if i win. that way the seller has to either pay for shipping all the way back or just eat it and i can toss it for them. gotta keep them scammers on their toes ya know!

Last edited: 11/23/14
  3. Jaws12r

Jaws12r Oakley Enthusiast

Wth fake Juliets come with boxes also ? What are the areas that tell u they are fake? I read the authencity thread but these don't really show the ear stems right? So where's the red flag?

4. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

The angle of the orbital join, nosebridge doesn't look right ,lens colour is off,last two are a bit subjective but the first point is a cert.

5. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Yep fake.

6. Jaws12r

Jaws12r Oakley Enthusiast

It's really scary to see all these on the bay. I looked at the other items that the seller has and she apparently has another XS also. I've seen some fakes but they are no where as good as these in the pics (and they are all plastic chrome plated) and WTH they have boxes and coins too? I'm wondering if the x metals I have are fakes .... :(

7. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

El Salvador...

8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

That grade of fake Juliet has been around for some time now and it gets pretty easy after a while to pick them out quick. And those do have the flared earstems - the angle and focus isn't very good but you can see it if you zoom in on the first pic - look at the shadow.

The fake box and coin is a more recent development. And they do a better job faking those than the glasses themselves.

The fake XS has been around for some time, too - and they are much better fakes than the Juliets, identically shaped to the originals. You really have to look at the nosebridge screws and hinge screws.

If you're worried if any of yours are fake, post pics in the "real or fake" thread...

Last edited: 11/22/14
    dragonvoi likes this.
  9. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

South america.......go figure

10. BHarry

BHarry The Eclectic Collector

Ha, I saw those earlier and just kinda felt icky, glad my radar was working. I have learned a lot from everyone here!!! Thanks again