• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Juliet Check

TheRevTy

Oakley Beginner
These are listed on my local Craigslist under "Juliet 04-114A Gunmetal Sunglasses". He claims he has both the X-Metal soft vault and a leather case (?). He says they are through Oakley Custom (I think... he's kind of hard to understand).

Obviously not the best pictures, I'm trying to get a close up of the end of the stems and the orbital screw (from what I've read, those are the 2 telltale points). The "POLARIZED" etching looks right, though.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
My fear is this: the product code he has listed corresponds with the Plasma / Ice Iridium Juliet, and that is obviously a different lens. OK, sure, he switched lenses - even though he hasn't said he switched them. But he claims he got them at a local mall here - and there aren't any Oakley stores within 100 miles of here. Has Sunglass Hut ever carried X Metals?

I guess best bet is to just meet up with him and give them a thorough inspection. The deal is those Juliets for a pair of Distressed Silver / Ice Iridium Jurys, a 2 pair holder, and a display card holder.

Bit too hard to tell from those pics. Few fishy sounding things with the listing too, but then again some people just don't have much knowledge on what they are selling. I recently bought a pair online and the guy had them listed as "authentic Oakley x-metals" Didn't have what kind they were or anything (but I knew they were X-Metal/Black Juliet's). They also came with the box, warranty cards, extra nose bombs and original receipt (coin was lost tho) They were purchased from SGH.

Best bet would be to just meet up and take a look for yourself.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the feedback. Waiting to hear back from the guy as to when we can meet up - I ended up offering him a plethora of options to trade, so we'll see if he bites.

Hearno, I think you're right, they do look like carbon on second viewing - I was expecting carbon to be the darker color you see in the X Squared. Weird how different the colors can be.

Back