• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Juliet On EBay

Scarey with box and all. If the mother fakers ever learn how to make the orbitals without the angled cut and the earstems with out the bends, I would probably be bidding on them. Reported to Ebay but I don't think they do much with it.

I contacted the seller and he pulled it.

His reply:

Ah wow, thanks so much for letting me know! I'll cancel it straight away, really appreciate the info.

Scarey with box and all. If the mother fakers ever learn how to make the orbitals without the angled cut and the earstems with out the bends, I would probably be bidding on them. Reported to Ebay but I don't think they do much with it.
Could you expand on the orbitals and earstem bends for those of us that are a bit newer to Juliets? What specifically about them is what one should look for on fakes?

Could you expand on the orbitals and earstem bends for those of us that are a bit newer to Juliets? What specifically about them is what one should look for on fakes?

The ends of the earstems don't flare out like in the pics of the fake, they continue the gradual curve. This flared earstem end has been common among fakes, but not all...

That spot on the orbitals is the break in the frame where a screw can be removed for swapping lenses. Compare these fakes to a real pic and you should see the difference. Many cheap fakes don't even bother to make it look like a break, just a lump of unbroken metal.

Good catch Fuzz - at first glance they look good. Knowing they're fakes from the other clues and looking closely, other things pop up, like the earsocks shape, the non-recessed big-head earstem screws, the lens base color (viewed from wearer's perspective) doesn't look like the contrast color used in real FIP; the fit between nosebridge and orbitals looks too tight to allow the designed flex...

Scary decent packaging; guess that's easier to do a good job copying than the magic of X-Metal...

Love to find out the source just to get some boxes.id never buy fake oakleys but the boxes.....thats another story.

Back