• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

fake juliet polarized lenses?

Are you 100% sure? There's a slight difference in hew colour and green grading between the 2, infact I will have to change out the other lens aswell because the difference in hue is noticable

Are you 100% sure? There's a slight difference in hew colour and green grading between the 2, infact I will have to change out the other lens aswell because the difference in hue is noticable

Well, nobody can say 100% but fire is one of those with inconsistent iridium coatings, and it's the iridium that gives it the greenish hue. See this post for more details:

Can the iridium coating affect the base tint appearance?

And you should always replace lenses in sets, not individually, especially with polarized. Oakley cuts sets from a single blank to ensure perfect polarization orientation matching between the two lenses and that's not guaranteed when you mix and match.

Well, nobody can say 100% but fire is one of those with inconsistent iridium coatings, and it's the iridium that gives it the greenish hue. See this post for more details:

Can the iridium coating affect the base tint appearance?

And you should always replace lenses in sets, not individually, especially with polarized. Oakley cuts sets from a single blank to ensure perfect polarization orientation matching between the two lenses and that's not guaranteed when you mix and match.
I totally agree with Kronin323... they are probably from 2 completely didn't batches, some time ago i scratched one of my lenses and replaced it with a spare i had knocking around and the hue was slightly different, i lived with it for a while then just replaced both with a new set....