1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Patrick

Patrick Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I jumped the gun before doing my full due diligence and bought what turned out to be a fake pair of Juliets on the bay. Pics in the listing weren't 100% clear. Fortunately I've received a refund from the seller. Here are some pics. I haven't seen fakes before, but these seem like pretty good replicas notwithstanding the handful of nonconforming features. Counterfeiters wouldn't need to fix a lot to make these much more passable. Fake Juliets - 2013-09-16_19.30.59.jpg Fake Juliets - 2013-09-16_11.38.00.jpg Fake Juliets - 2013-09-16_19.26.53.jpg Fake Juliets - 2013-09-16_19.27.16.jpg

Krank likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. MAGNUS

MAGNUS Oakley Beginner

The lenses look after market, but the frames look real. Those are convincing fakes.

3. Frame is fake as hell- Bent earstems, no rivets in the nose bridge, screws in the orbitals at the wrong angles, etc, etc. Looks like a run of the mill pair of fakes to me.

4. Patrick

Yeah, it's easy to see in the pics I took/posted. Maybe these will help someone else that hasn't seen a fake up close.

5. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Compared to my Juliet's, they look HELLA fake...

Outwards bent ear stems ...
    The nose rivets have a 'notch' in them ( as for a flat head screw driver ) ...
    I don't see any writing on the temple shocks ...
    Doesn't the bag tag generally have all white writing?

Have you checked if the lenses are actually polarized? ( I do an iPhone screen check )

6. Patrick

Lenses are polarized. Glad you were able to tell after looking at my closeup pics.

7. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks for posting these up Patrick. Not everyone knows exactly what to look for, and ebay pics can be manipulated easily enough to fool any buyer. Glad you got your funds back man. I noticed quite a few metals in the exchange area in the last week, grab a pair from a member, or get a carbon juliet bnib at oakley.com, GL bud.

8. Patrick

Thanks Krank. I've bought several items from members here, but it's easy to get caught up in auctions.

9. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

They make them different on purpose.

10. MAGNUS

MAGNUS Oakley Beginner

This is a more trust worthy crowd because every one has passion for the product. There are more scamers on ebay because they just want to make money.