• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Juliets

Glad you were able to get your money back - I'm terrified of the bay myself. Everything I buy I plan on wearing, so I'm scared to death of fake lenses with no UV protection (in addition to dropping hundreds of dollars on something that has no real worth).

If you familiarise yourself with the tell tale signs of a copy and take a close look at auction photos you won't go far wrong. Don't be afraid to message the seller also, as someone with nothing to hide will not mind one bit answering questions. If they are selling a fake item their answers will be very vague and will not confirm or deny authenticity. I have purchased many items from eBay and have never gone wrong. I purchased a copy romeo 2 purely out of interest to see how good it was for about £30 ish as I remember and to check them out. Take your time and you'll be ok :)

i bought in ebay too mostly oakley, bought more or less 5fakes now...i ended up getting my moneyback...i thought i know a lot already about xmetal to tell which one is fake or not...but still i was wrong...

If you familiarise yourself with the tell tale signs of a copy and take a close look at auction photos you won't go far wrong. Don't be afraid to message the seller also, as someone with nothing to hide will not mind one bit answering questions. If they are selling a fake item their answers will be very vague and will not confirm or deny authenticity. I have purchased many items from eBay and have never gone wrong. I purchased a copy romeo 2 purely out of interest to see how good it was for about £30 ish as I remember and to check them out. Take your time and you'll be ok :)

I will say this much - I'd be more likely to buy from an eBay power-seller than some of the individual ads I've seen in Craigslist. Many are poorly written with no pictures (or a picture from oakley.com).

Unnatural/non standard colourways are usually the initial giveaway on a fake followed by wrong angles on orbital joints, bent eartips or hidden/blurred out eartips are the next. Then the description ......

Unnatural/non standard colourways are usually the initial giveaway on a fake followed by wrong angles on orbital joints, bent eartips or hidden/blurred out eartips are the next. Then the description ......

Spot on. Nose rivets screwed on also, but they can be hard to see in pics. A couple things you would not likely be able to see in pics is the non-Torx screws, and the arms on the fake pair I bought were much flatter than the real thing.

Back