• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake lenes?

Otard

Oakley Beginner
got these Blackligts off one of the ebay O sellers, never seen that rainbow effect before.

123.jpg
345.jpg
567.jpg

I don't know the specifics of the pair you posted but the rainbow effect is pretty common with polarized lenses. I'd start by looking up what the stock lenses for that frame were, and by posting the sellers name to help verify what they are selling.

they're grey, not polarized. that Blacklight color came with the standard grey lenes.
Have you verified whether the lenses in your pair are polarized or not? If you have a device with an LCD screen rotating the glasses in front of the screen should cause a blackout effect when you get to the right angle. If they aren't polarized and they look like that they aren't Oakley lenses. If they aren't Oakley lenses then I'd question the frame authenticity as well.

EDIT: There is a chance that this type of effect could come from an AR coating.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've seen that effect on some of my RX custom lenses from Oakley. Stock lenses shouldn't have them as the manufacturing process is very different.

Have you verified whether the lenses in your pair are polarized or not? If you have a device with an LCD screen rotating the glasses in front of the screen should cause a blackout effect when you get to the right angle. If they aren't polarized and they look like that they aren't Oakley lenses. If they aren't Oakley lenses then I'd question the frame authenticity as well.

EDIT: There is a chance that this type of effect could come from an AR coating.

if they were polarized Oakley frogskin lenses, a lens would be etched polarized.. they should be, just the stock grey lenses that everyone hates and that i've had many times before but never with this rainbow on them, which is why i question their authenticity.

if they were polarized Oakley frogskin lenses, a lens would be etched polarized.. they should be, just the stock grey lenses that everyone hates and that i've had many times before but never with this rainbow on them, which is why i question their authenticity.
They don't always say polarized. Usually, but not always.

i should have said, i find that hard to believe on a large scale. sure it can happen but probably not with any regularity and not worth mentioning when i already said they weren't polarized.

Back