• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Matte Rootbeer/Fire Iridium?

Hard to tell with the pictures posted but some of the first few releases of collectors frogskins did not have the sku printed on the earstems.

It's hard to tell from your photos, however it's easy to tell they aren't new. The 'O' on the Oakley logo on the stem has been rubbed down or, if they are fake, is a very poor finish which would never pass Oakley's quality tests.

Other ways to tell fake Frogskins are:

The frame feels super light (much lighter than a real Frogskins frame)
The lenses are bigger than real Frogskins lenses (try and swap out the lenses from a genuine pair and put the lenses from this pair in. If they don't fit it's a sign these are fake)
Check the box and paperwork, there is normally very clear spelling mistakes/poor English on fakes

Who was the member here who sold them to you?

It's hard to tell from your photos, however it's easy to tell they aren't new. The 'O' on the Oakley logo on the stem has been rubbed down or, if they are fake, is a very poor finish which would never pass Oakley's quality tests.

Other ways to tell fake Frogskins are:

The frame feels super light (much lighter than a real Frogskins frame)
The lenses are bigger than real Frogskins lenses (try and swap out the lenses from a genuine pair and put the lenses from this pair in. If they don't fit it's a sign these are fake)
Check the box and paperwork, there is normally very clear spelling mistakes/poor English on fakes

Who was the member here who sold them to you?

i second that. he hasn't named anyone yet.
from the photo's these look pretty fishy, but i'm not a frog collector.
And I'm sure if they were fakes, FrogTastic would've called 'em in a second...? lol.

second run with flash
******* camera!
rootbeerivflash.jpg

rootbeeriiiflash.jpg

rootbeeriiflash.jpg

rootbeeriflash.jpg

Latest Posts

Back