1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. III

III Oakley Beginner

Hope someone can help me fast. I was gonna buy a pair that the guy was calling monster dog. I immediately requignized them as monster doggles. Anyway upon inspection they seemed fake. The ear stems would not lock and i thought well maybe because they are old but then i looked at the icons and one was red and the other was gold. He said he lost one and he just replaced it. I know the new oakleys have interchangable icons but i dont believe the older discontinued models dont..any help?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

Post some high quality pics of the frame

3. gene

gene Oakley Enthusiast

All Oakley icons can be replaced even the model with non-interchangeable icons (except for the pre O matter eye jacket and some vintage M frames). They are just double sided tape like adhesives. Ask for some pics so you can post them up here and we will see.

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

There are more frames than just Eye Jackets that have molded icons. But the Monster series (Pup, Dog, Doggle) all have current style metal icons.

5. gene

gene Oakley Enthusiast

Agreed.

Basically if it has a metal icons (not molded ones) they are just metal stickers. That includes Monster Doggles. The earstems doesn't have the "snap" probably they are old/worn out. There are some Doggles in excellent condition popping up on eBay once in a while unless you want to repaint the icons.

6. Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear http://www.juleye.nl

Doggles do not have the "snap" at all. So that's just right, I'd worry if they had the "snap".

7. Thermonuclear

Thermonuclear Oakley Beginner

As much as myself and others on here probably love the doggle, can't imagine the fake market for them would be that huge and worth it! But pictures would help us for sure!

8. Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear http://www.juleye.nl

9. III

III Oakley Beginner

Thanks for everyones help. I didnt pull the trigger on these monster doggles.they did not seem authentic. And even at 40$ they were pretty beat up.