• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Monster Doggle

III

Oakley Beginner
The desert
Hope someone can help me fast. I was gonna buy a pair that the guy was calling monster dog. I immediately requignized them as monster doggles. Anyway upon inspection they seemed fake. The ear stems would not lock and i thought well maybe because they are old but then i looked at the icons and one was red and the other was gold. He said he lost one and he just replaced it. I know the new oakleys have interchangable icons but i dont believe the older discontinued models dont..any help?

All Oakley icons can be replaced even the model with non-interchangeable icons (except for the pre O matter eye jacket and some vintage M frames). They are just double sided tape like adhesives. Ask for some pics so you can post them up here and we will see.

All Oakley icons can be replaced even the model with non-interchangeable icons (except for the pre O matter eye jacket and some vintage M frames). They are just double sided tape like adhesives. Ask for some pics so you can post them up here and we will see.
There are more frames than just Eye Jackets that have molded icons. But the Monster series (Pup, Dog, Doggle) all have current style metal icons.

There are more frames than just Eye Jackets that have molded icons. But the Monster series (Pup, Dog, Doggle) all have current style metal icons.
Agreed.

Basically if it has a metal icons (not molded ones) they are just metal stickers. That includes Monster Doggles. The earstems doesn't have the "snap" probably they are old/worn out. There are some Doggles in excellent condition popping up on eBay once in a while unless you want to repaint the icons.

As much as myself and others on here probably love the doggle, can't imagine the fake market for them would be that huge and worth it! But pictures would help us for sure!

Thanks for everyones help. I didnt pull the trigger on these monster doggles.they did not seem authentic. And even at 40$ they were pretty beat up.

Back