• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake O Matter Frames

FlyingV

Oakley Enthusiast
This is for any of you who have bought fake O Matter frames, intentionally or unintentionally, from the likes of eBay or elsewhere.

I am very curious as to how "good" these fakes are? I know there are telltale signs to look for in the listing such as the cleaning cloth, the O sticker, and 'Oakley' being printed on the lens, but if these people were smart enough to put in a blank lens, and either include the proper packaging, or no packaging. Would it still be easy to tell with them in hand?

For example: Oakley Sunglasses Men Batwolf | eBay

From the pictures of the frame, they look pretty spot on. Will there be slight molding differences? Marking differences? Any other things to look for to tell a fake? I'm always leery of purchasing on eBay for this very reason. How do I REALLY know I didn't get a good fake?

Buy directly from an Oakley or an authorized dealer and guaranteed you won't get a fake. Seems simple to me. :)

Well, obviously. But that's not the info I'm looking for. Sometimes you come across a good deal on a frame or style you can't find in stores anymore or perhaps a deeply discounted frame that has a couple light scratches. The large majority of my Oakley's have been purchased from local Vaults.

I'd like to know what the differences are from people that have handled the fakes. Side by side comparison of a known authentic pair, and a known 'good' fake would be cool to see.

I'd like to think I'm not the only curious one.

Some frames are really obvious, others you have to know exactly what to look for. Many threads on specific models here on the forum.

also if u find a good seller on Ebay keep ordering from them if u know they are legit...I find there are still decent deals from good people ...however... just noticed what I believe to be some fake half jackets...avoid anything that seems even little suspicious.

Some frames are really obvious, others you have to know exactly what to look for. Many threads on specific models here on the forum.

Well, one of my favorite frames right now is the Batwolf. Have searched and haven't found much info about fakes of that particular model. I've inspected my pair and have noticed very minor details that may be overlooked by people producing fakes, but I guess you never know!

The cleaning cloth and the O sticker, oakley across the nose on the lens is a dead giveaway that the ones you posted are fake. I feel bad for whomever paid 65 for those. Hope it wasnt you!

The cleaning cloth and the O sticker, Oakley across the nose on the lens is a dead giveaway that the ones you posted are fake. I feel bad for whomever paid 65 for those. Hope it wasnt you!
Well yes, I know that those were obviously fake, but was curious if there were any 'better' fakes out there to watch out for. Whenever I come across a good deal, I still always get that "too good to be true" feeling.

I also look for the correct bag and knot in the bag as well. Also look for numbers in the arms. Though OCP do not have numbers in the arms atleast in my experience so that's not always a tell tale sign of a fake.

Back