• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FAKE Oakley Jawbones / Racing Jacket 2

Oakster

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Canada
Hello Forum,
As a few of you know I sell a pile of Jawbone frames/jaws/socks/etc.

Over the past few months I've had a handful of guys with fake Jawbones purchasing jaws and being unhappy that they don't fit. All were under the impression that theirs were real, mostly because they paid good money for them.

There are some VERY good Jawbone reproductions out there.

After a pile of back and forth between the customers with fakes, there is one surefire sign of a fake. See the pics to know what I mean. If you remove the lens and look at the metal piece that holds the nosepiece - the fakes (white) have a flat nose screw. The genuine (dark grey) have a rivet.

Hopefully none of you have gotten burnt and hopefully this saves a couple people. If you find some ridiculous prices on Jawbones do some digging.

*Same applies for Racing Jacket 2. I have a set of them and it's exactly the same.

ScreenShot2012-03-19at84247AM.png

DSC04766.jpg

Attachments

• ScreenShot2012-03-19at84247AM.png
    ScreenShot2012-03-19at84247AM.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC04766.jpg
    DSC04766.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 337
Good info. I got hoodwinked by a set of Split Jackets that were fake. It was impossible to tell by photo - had to hold them before it dawned on me. But we should be counting our blessings that it has taken this long for them to get good repros...it is just molded nylon with some paint, after all.

Many times style numbers don't match up.

The nosepieces are slightly different as well but unless you had 2 side by side I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference.

Hello Forum,
As a few of you know I sell a pile of Jawbone frames/jaws/socks/etc.

Over the past few months I've had a handful of guys with fake Jawbones purchasing jaws and being unhappy that they don't fit. All were under the impression that theirs were real, mostly because they paid good money for them.

There are some VERY good Jawbone reproductions out there.

After a pile of back and forth between the customers with fakes, there is one surefire sign of a fake. See the pics to know what I mean. If you remove the lens and look at the metal piece that holds the nosepiece - the fakes (white) have a flat nose screw. The genuine (dark grey) have a rivet.

Hopefully none of you have gotten burnt and hopefully this saves a couple people. If you find some ridiculous prices on Jawbones do some digging.

*Same applies for Racing Jacket 2. I have a set of them and it's exactly the same.

View attachment 73915
View attachment 73916

Back