• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Or Not To Fake, That Is The Question.

Veggie

Oakley Beginner
I got some Oakley Gascans with the Polarized Black Iridium lenses off Ebay. I am pretty sure they are real from reading and watching some Real v Fake videos. But I have a problem with them. One they are very tight. But that is a small issue. The main issue that you can see in some of the images is the hinges grind badly. They make a really loud creaking sound when opened and closed. Also the coating has worn off and the plastic itself is getting ground off. Are these real or a common issue with Gascans? Thanks for reading.

View attachment 62884
View attachment 62890
View attachment 62893

Last edited by a moderator:
The hinges on my monster pups do the same thing and have similar letters and numbers written in the same place. I'd say they're legit. Before anyone blasts you about where you posted this... there is a thread dedicated to these questions. Obviously this is your first post so you wouldn't have known. Welcome to the forum.

I could care less but others seem to. It's not a part of the forum, it's located in a "fake check" thread somewhere. Those are nice gascans tho, I wish they fit me better so I could buy a few pair.

Yeah they look real from what I can tell too, I know in my experience the matte finish frames tend to have more creaking and tight hinge issues than the polished ones!

Ahh if it is just a thread somewhere I honestly don't care if anyone is upset about my post. Anyways yea I think they are real too. I guess I will just leave them be. Let them break in a little.

On Gascans, look on the bridge between the lenses on the inside, there should be a fairly deep crater. Also look for some type of O on the inside ends of the arms. (At the furthest tip). I have found that the easiest way to tell on Gascans.

On Gascans, look on the bridge between the lenses on the inside, there should be a fairly deep crater. Also look for some type of O on the inside ends of the arms. (At the furthest tip). I have found that the easiest way to tell on Gascans.

Yea smurf has all of those. I was just really surprised with the hinges I wanted to be sure.

Veggie said:
They make a really loud creaking sound when opened and closed.

This is extremely common in matte gascans. To fix the problem just pop the arms off and spray both hinges with a lens cleaning solution, this should eliminate the creaking:cool:

Back