• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Romeo 1

Yeah, unfortunately I got duped by a guy off CL and bought one. Very nice guy though, ended up with a full refund. Very obvious when they are faked.

In general all fakes of x-metal frame styles have fairly obvious tells, the most common being the flare at the end of the earstems. The exception is the XS - the shape of the fake frames is identical to the originals. You have to spot those by looking at the screws in the nosebridge and hinges, and sometimes the SKU on the earstem is for a different colorway...

Getting worried. Gotta romeo come in today and I really can't tell if it's real or not. I mean likely new but I'm still concerned nonetheless.. It's their basic signature black iridium grey piece.

image.jpg

Can you guys help me tell simply from this photo? I haven't paid yet. The frames came into the country today and he sent me photos. I will be transacting with him shortly.

How do you tell it's a fake from the serial number behind the bridge? Certain numbers? Or is it the font or something?

Latest Posts

Back