• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake X-Metal XX 24K

I've seen some fake ones, but they've always used "Juliet" orbitals and a lens that looks more like fire or ruby than 24k. The gold finish is also has an odd orange tint to it, and does not have the powder coated finish.

if the pic is the actual item I have not doubt that is real... the concern here would be the method used to acquired the sunglasses... I don't think he paid por them is he's selling that cheap... I mean, new were like 350 back in the day... and these look new and well taken care of

@ Johnny - Missed a call from the seller this morning. Said that he held the glasses for me since I asked (and offered to pay a little extra). Just got another text now...now he's saying that another guy is already on the way to pick them up, said he'll let me know if the deal falls through. Still sketchy...

@ dcl10 - Thanks for the advice and insights, I'll be sure to give it a good look over to make sure it's genuine (if I get the chance).

@ oakleyandi - I have a feeling that the pic in the ad is not the actual pair he's selling. I asked for more pics of the actual pair and he didn't reply. I'm starting to really feel like this may be a scam. We'll see...

Dude, deals come and go, if you feel is sketchy then avoid it man, it doesn't worth to play the risk, I wouldn't do a face to face in a dangerous neighborhood late at night... just appeal to you common sense dude...

Dude, deals come and go, if you feel is sketchy then avoid it man, it doesn't worth to play the risk, I wouldn't do a face to face in a dangerous neighborhood late at night... just appeal to you common sense dude...

Thanks man! I had one last chance today and was ready to go get them, but the guy texted me just as I was heading out, he writes..."okay, text me when you get to the 7-11 in Makaha and I'll come outside and meet you in front of the Makaha Shores..", then the next immediate message said..."dude, sorry I'll sold them already", then immediately after that..."Sold it already the guy will b here soon"...I'm like, WTF. So I text him back..."Are u talking to me or someone else?". A couple minutes go by and he replies..."someone else is on his way now. I'll let u know if he doesn't show up or buy it". DAMN!!! Whatever, I guess it wasn't meant to be. The whole deal was sounding fishy the more I had time to think about it. I wanted to go grab them last night, but like you said, my common sense told me to stay home and wait. At the end of the day, it's only glasses...very hard to come by glasses, but just glasses and not worth putting myself in a bad situation. There'll be other opportunities!

I had this happen to me. Apparently some military guy had a pair of grey polarized radars that were "military issued" and he never wore them. He also noted in his CL ad that he was going to simply throw them away, but figured he'd put em up for $20. I was ready to drive 1 hour in traffic to go get them at 8pm. I was texting him back and forth and he said to come get them, but he had about 8 other buyers lined up. I asked if i come now, would he hold it for me as i didn't want to drive 40 miles out for nothing. First he texted, "No. First come first served." So i said thanks, but no thanks. Next text was, "If you come tomorrow, i'll have them at 8pm as don't get off work until late unless someone buys them first." So i told him to text me if they ever sold. I never heard from him again.

Seemed a bit shady to me. Same as you, i didn't want to put myself at risk for a deal.

You know? that's the thing with CL, is turning a nest for scammers because nobody checks the seller... but CL has great guidelines to avoid being scammed. I've being burnt and with very expensive things and now I try to only deal with people who has some values, like the fellas in this forum.

I had this happen to me. Apparently some military guy had a pair of grey polarized radars that were "military issued" and he never wore them. He also noted in his CL ad that he was going to simply throw them away, but figured he'd put em up for $20. I was ready to drive 1 hour in traffic to go get them at 8pm. I was texting him back and forth and he said to come get them, but he had about 8 other buyers lined up. I asked if i come now, would he hold it for me as i didn't want to drive 40 miles out for nothing. First he texted, "No. First come first served." So i said thanks, but no thanks. Next text was, "If you come tomorrow, i'll have them at 8pm as don't get off work until late unless someone buys them first." So i told him to text me if they ever sold. I never heard from him again.

Seemed a bit shady to me. Same as you, i didn't want to put myself at risk for a deal.

So true Splice. Anyway, game over. The guy never called or texted me back...gonna end up with about $5.00 in text charges next billing cycle!! Ah, life goes on...it's just a pair of glasses, another find will come along someday. You're absolutely right about not putting yourself at risk just for a deal, not worth it.

Latest Posts

Back