• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake X-metals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantes

I should Work at Oakley
Sweden
This is scary stuff... sure, the box and bag looks off, and the lens colors don't match, but the frames are exaxt copies, and it makes me a little bit uneasy...

cant say I wouldnt be fooled 100% of e time, but I think many here would notice that the angle of the lower gasket slits on the r1s look the tiniest bit off. same goes for the juliets. the angle of the slits where the screws and gaskets go look a little off. also the ear stems should not fold so horizontally.. on originals they would crisscross more..

but yeah the resemblance is indeed worrying for ppl buying or making deals online based on just pictures.

Several pics on the website are from other sellers, eBay ads, Linegear, etc. After doing a close inspection it appears some are real, but I bet you get something else in the mail........This guy even watermarked other peoples pics... After reviewing some of the videos, especially the still pics, you can still see the inconsistencies in the fakes. I have seen this guys videos on Youtube for awhile now...

Last edited:
Well, that guy is just one importer of these fake goods, probobly originally made in China. The last video, where he opens the frame to change lenses, demonstrates that these are very close to the original. Each part of the frame is made as an exact replica. I imagine they are made from aluminium, so the weight will be off once in your hands, but just from pics on the net, I think it would be hard to tell the difference. I hope these don't enter the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back