1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. What do we have here?
    Fakes? No! Oakley Transistor Rx! - uploadfromtaptalk1420906315683.jpg

Bent ear stem tips! A sure sign of a fake right? Well, not this time. It's my new Transistor Rx frame!

My annual eye exam came around again and I decided it was time to upgrade my old frame after a few years. I'm primarily a contact user but sometimes its just easier to put on some glasses, and what I had wasn't cutting it anymore. I was looking for a few key requirements. It had to be Oakley, it had to be light, it had to have straight stems, and it had to have transition lenses.

The Transistor met all those requirements and even exceeded them. Its an all Ti frame that reminds me of a lighter version of my X-Metal XX. Unobtainium ear socks make them super comfortable and the flex design built into the stems is both functional and beautiful. These feel like you aren't wearing glasses at all, but somehow also feels secure.

I'm in love with these glasses!
    (Note: transition pic isn't fully darkened, that's after stepping outside for about 20 seconds)

Fakes? No! Oakley Transistor Rx! - uploadfromtaptalk1420907413263.jpg

Fakes? No! Oakley Transistor Rx! - uploadfromtaptalk1420907439545.jpg

Fakes? No! Oakley Transistor Rx! - uploadfromtaptalk1420907486214.jpg

Fakes? No! Oakley Transistor Rx! - uploadfromtaptalk1420907503527.jpg

ptownphil likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Actually quite a few of the wire frames have flared tips on them. I like those, great pick up. Sad to see flathead screws instead of phillips in the frame though.

3. I was referring more to the Xmetals with flared tips (even though XS have them) that most people see as a dead give away for fakes. Just poking a little fun :)

I'm not sure about the flathead screws either. My hope is that I'll never have to mess with them so it won't matter hahaha. I'd recommend this frame to anyone though!

4. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

Nice pair digi, I am wearing my transistor rx ducatis as I sit here and type, my 4th pair of 'scription oakleys and by far the most comfy.

5. These are pewter frames which I've read is the same base the Ducati used. You just have red earsocks and I have black lol.

How long have you had yours? How are they holding up?

6. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Those look great, I need to start looking for a new pair myself

7. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

I got them around Feb last year, holding up very well actually, no issues with fit and i wear them every day (obviously) so a lot of used, finish is still good as well.
    The colour looks a lot browner than your first photos, I'm sure they told me there was a difference between the ducatti and some of the range, not sure all are ti, some seemed heavier.

8. That could be. Now that you mention it the black pair I tried on felt a little heavier. Maybe the pewter finish is the raw Ti similar to Xmetals? These frames are so incredibly light that I think you'd be able to feel the difference with even a light coat of paint or powder coat applied.

9. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

they had black, a silver and the ducat' that was much llighter though they did tell me they could get other colour choices so as you say makes sense I was just in a hurry to get them so went with what they had!