• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fakes On EBay

CaptainClark

Oakley Beginner
Hornell, Ny
How worried should I be about purchasing Oakleys on eBay? Would you think a simple
check of a seller's feedback would suffice? Sometimes when I see these sweet deals, I get
a bit gun shy - don't want to get burned....

The best thing to do is get a pic and post it up here for the experts to review (before purchase), there are a lot of fakes out there.

Now that I'm thinking of it, do your Jawbones (if you now have a legit pair) have vented lenses and if so,
do you like them? Do they truly keep the fogging down without letting excess light in?

And thanks for the advice, guys, it will be heeded!

Now that I'm thinking of it, do your Jawbones (if you now have a legit pair) have vented lenses and if so,
do you like them? Do they truly keep the fogging down without letting excess light in?

And thanks for the advice, guys, it will be heeded!

I have several JB's :) I've never actually worn non-vented lenses as I know that if I would, they will fog up (I radiate a lot of heat during sports).

I wear my vented lenses for road-cycling. Basically, as long as I keep cycling, everything is great! As soon as I stop and rest, the glasses fog up a tiny bit... Not really that bad.

Whenever you concentrate on whatever you're doing, you don't notice the vents in the lenses (they're pretty small), so I wouldn't worry about them letting in too much light! Although, be advised that I'm in the UK so I tend to wear yellow/clear lenses as the weather here doesn't really bless us with much sun.

Post the item number of the JB's you're looking at and we can tell you if they're legit.

My apologies to the mods, just saw the sticky on posting about fakes after I started this thread. Can't figure out how to close it, though. Chrisbron, if you have any opinions on those vented lenses, could you please shoot me a pm? I'd appreciate it.

My apologies to the mods, just saw the sticky on posting about fakes after I started this thread. Can't figure out how to close it, though. Chrisbron, if you have any opinions on those vented lenses, could you please shoot me a pm? I'd appreciate it.

As far as I'm aware, the rules are that you are allowed to post items if you think they are fake and need advice. So if you give us an ebay item number, it's a legit post :)

Latest Posts

Back