• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fakes Or The Real Thing?

STW

Oakley Beginner
Had a look through the other real vs fake JBone threads...and I'm starting to think these are fakes. I'm hoping a few experts will tell me they're legit, but I'm thinking not based on the look of the icon, the fact that they come with 3 lenses, and it appears to have one of those cleaning cloths in the background. I must say they are pretty convincing aside from the logo though! Agree? Disagree? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do see the fake cleaning cloth you see. But these are very convincing all the signs I see in the frames tell me they are real. If they are fake they are very convincing. But those lenses are throwing me off. That I know of Oakley doesn't have a color like that in a vented option that is available from them. But it could be a violet iridium from the BMX chrome jawbones. But they do seem a little to blue to be violet but could be the lights Also another thing I see is that the yellow lenses from the jawbones are normally vented. I have never seen them unvented. Personally I would steer clear of these they have a little to many signs that give me a red flag.

Can you get more pictures so that we can confirm?

Edit: in the first picture the yellow lenses seem like they are unvented but in the second picture they are definitely vented. Did they change the lenses in the picture or are they vented in the top picture.

More pics are needed to get he full picture. Also that cloth is a givaway of being a fake. I would take them to an authorized store and do a comparison to see for sure....

RULE OF THUMB: If you EVER see the fake cleaning cloth, simply don't buy!! Oakley DOES NOT make these, it's that simple! Even if they look and seem extremely legit, like xmetalmaniac said, it's a dead give away!

Most of these people selling counterfeit Oakleys don't even know what the originals are meant to look like, most don't even own an original pair, because if they did, they would at least try and hide the fake signs like the cloth, tags, stickers etc

Those look fake. Cleaning cloth, icon not being raised without a contour around it, and the inside of the thru bolt being colored blue. I have never seen the inside of the thru bolt being anything but silver. The vents also look off.

Those look fake. Cleaning cloth, icon not being raised without a contour around it, and the inside of the thru bolt being colored blue. I have never seen the inside of the thru bolt being anything but silver. The vents also look off.
Agreed...I would say fake.

Nice catch on the inside of the thru bolt. I to also was looking at the fact that there wasn't a raised area around the logo buy I thought it was because of the angle and the light etc... I definitely say fake now.

Fake, icon is too small, flat not oval enough and there should be a convex area around the icon, those appear to be flat. Also the area where the arm meets the frame, on the bottom of the frame it should be shorter and extend further into the arm area.

Back