• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket Arms Bent

patrick1242

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Toronto
I bought these about a month back as a pair I could use for work/running from a guy on Kijiji (he bought them custom from O). I didn't notice this at first (perhaps because it has happened recently), but when they are sitting on a flat surface one arm is higher than the other, I'm not entirely sure if one is bent up or the other is down, which causes it to sit slightly angled on my face - a real piss off now that I've noticed it.

So just a couple questions, how exactly could this have happened? Is it common? And most importantly, how can I correct it? Any help is great, thanks in advance.

IMG_2741.JPG IMG_2746.JPG IMG_2740.JPG IMG_2747.JPG

They most likely came from the factory like that. It is somewhat common. I have about 17 plastic pairs, and three of them have this to a degree. Not much you can do about it. It doesnt look too bad on yours. My one pair of Radarlocks is really off.

They most likely came from the factory like that. It is somewhat common. I have about 17 plastic pairs, and three of them have this to a degree. Not much you can do about it. It doesnt look too bad on yours. My one pair of Radarlocks is really off.
I just took a look at some of my others, I've got it on a pair of radars and also for some reason on a pair of plaintiffs I have

Last edited:
probably your head, one ear higher than the other, if you wear them a lot. I have 3-4 pair I've bought new o-matter, I wore them almost everyday for a month after purchase and when I set them flat one stem is higher about 2-3 cm

One of my Radarlock frames is like that, and I was assuming the vault itself did that because of the tight fit. Like when I put it in, there's a lot of creaking.
Nonethless it's a sports pair that holds to your face so the imperfection corrects itself.

Strip the frame, boil it for a few seconds, set it on a flat surface, set a heavy book or something on it to keep the stems flat, let it cool.

That'll be your best shot at 'fixing' it.

I had Dr Chop do a custom for me and the frame showed up warped like crazy, a little tension on the bubble wrap and a hot summer cross-country travel. That was a Pro M Frame, so the plastic composition won't be the same, but I was able to get most of the set out of it. One stem wraps a hair more and is a tiny bit twisted, but I pay it no mind.

Latest Posts

Back