• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket Arms Bent

Strip the frame, boil it for a few seconds, set it on a flat surface, set a heavy book or something on it to keep the stems flat, let it cool.

That'll be your best shot at 'fixing' it.

I had Dr Chop do a custom for me and the frame showed up warped like crazy, a little tension on the bubble wrap and a hot summer cross-country travel. That was a Pro M Frame, so the plastic composition won't be the same, but I was able to get most of the set out of it. One stem wraps a hair more and is a tiny bit twisted, but I pay it no mind.

Okay I'll give that a shot. Thanks! What about for the plaintiffs?

Okay I'll give that a shot. Thanks! What about for the plaintiffs?
They're metal, just give them a little

image001342622283328livb5y.gif

I believe it's the case itself that makes this happen. When you put them in the slots, the frame can't help but have one temple higher then the other. I would just leave it in the case with the left temple closed first for a few days. Should be good to go after that.

I was once told to use 2 hands to take my oakleys on and off as using one hand causes the frames to bend very slightly each time. Over time, this could cause the frames to not sit flat. The previous comments about it being caused by the cases makes perfect sense too though.

I believe it's the case itself that makes this happen. When you put them in the slots, the frame can't help but have one temple higher then the other. I would just leave it in the case with the left temple closed first for a few days. Should be good to go after that.

I noticed that too. After stowing the O Matter glasses in the hard case for a longer time, the frame is indeed bent. What I do is never put them in the hard case when I am at home (yes, it takes more place to stowe them like that) and only use it when I take the glasses in a luggage.

You can try bending the frame with your hands the other way round making it straight again. I tried it on several pairs with great results. Takes few minutes per pair.

Back