• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket larger nose pieces (black)

...unless the tender pays for the drinks at the end of the night... Or the Owner okays the practice ...or the tender IS the owner ...

It's not all black and white peeps!

That first one never happens, a bartender won't give up their own cash to buy drinks for a customer; it's always theft. Or they ring them up as "spills". The last one I've had happen to me, the owner kept drinking with me and a buddy well after the place closed and the rest of the staff went home.

The middle one, it depends - some places have to give out some free drinks to regulars just to remain competitive with surrounding bars. So one of three things happens -

1. The owner forbids and enforces no free drinks, then goes out of business because the customers went somewhere else.
2. The owner turns a blind eye and the place becomes popular, but he doesn't make any money because of too many free drinks and he goes out of business.
3. The owner is smart and allows an amount of free drinks but monitors and controls it, so they dance the line to remain competitive while still making a profit.

Well I cpntacted Oakley direct, after trying local stores, and they simply told me (via email) they could supply them to me for £10, which is the same price as I can buy for anyway. Oh well, I'll try the trade section!

Latest Posts

Back