• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket Switch Lock Durability

Pt 1. How often do you switch out your lenses? Pt 2. How are your switch locks holding up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Text never quite communicates the way I intend. My apologies if I came across harsh to anyone. Remember I just lost my virginity a short time ago. I'm not bitter about that but I think I need to exercise some more thought into my communications.

What I meant to say was......because I really wanted these badly and because I can't seem to control by purchasing of Oakley's my normal judgement was thrown out the window.

I was attempting to poke fun of myself. Re-reading my post I definately missed......

I fear I'm becoming an Oakley addict..........I have have to start an Oakley Anonymous Thread for those who can't stop themselves from buying.

From other posts I've read the thread could have quite a few members.
It's all good. ;)

Hmm
Ill bet you are tired of them in 2 weeks
Hit me up Ill ad them to my collection :p

We'll see. I haven't fallen out of love with any of the pairs I have so far. I've had splits for a few years, and 5's squared for about a year. I wear both weekly. The fast jackets were mainly for golf and driving (at least that was the intent).

I also recently purchased 2 half jackets (for the same reason) I may be putting those up on the market, we'll see

We'll see. I haven't fallen out of love with any of the pairs I have so far. I've had splits for a few years, and 5's squared for about a year. I wear both weekly. The fast jackets were mainly for golf and driving (at least that was the intent).

I also recently purchased 2 half jackets (for the same reason) I may be putting those up on the market, we'll see

You will appreciate the Fast Jackets especially the XL

I've had two switch lock hinges break on mine. I do interchange regularly, since i wear contact lenses, and rx lenses. Oakley has always taken care of warranty/replacement for me and my newest set I've had over a year now with no issues. I wish that piece was metal, and no chrome plated plastic!

I've had two switch lock hinges break on mine. I do interchange regularly, since i wear contact lenses, and rx lenses. Oakley has always taken care of warranty/replacement for me and my newest set I've had over a year now with no issues. I wish that piece was metal, and no chrome plated plastic!

Is it breaking do to the thicker RX lens maybe?
Just curious

I never thought of that? I thought maybe the hinge was too tight/ sticking. So I was always needing to press harder to release. Now it feels better, and more smooth. It could be the rx lenses loosening up, or the frame. Good point!

I never thought of that? I thought maybe the hinge was too tight/ sticking. So I was always needing to press harder to release. Now it feels better, and more smooth. It could be the rx lenses loosening up, or the frame. Good point!

RJ
next time you make a RX set for the Fast J.
Maybe try enlarging the Slot for the lock on the lens
Ill bet that gives the lock and the frame a little relief
Just a guess on my part

I thought I would provide an update for those interesting. I've had a pair of fast jackets for about 4 months. I probably switch the lenses anywhere from 2-3 times per week. I have not had any issues or see any signs of wear/damage/breakage to the switch locks. I've been switching from Baseball prism/Persimmons/non-oakley beater lenses.

I think the key is to follow the correct process for correctly removing and replacing the lenses and you should not have to worry.

Back