• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket Switchlocks Swappable?

steveocubed

Oakley Expert
Hi guys,

I'm about to come into two possession of two fast jackets and I think they would match better if their switchlocks were um.. haha switched (especially the silver frame -- the black just sort of sticks out of that one). Does anyone know if this is possible and, if so, is it complicated? (I'm not the handiest person in the world unfortunately) Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi guys,

I'm about to come into two possession of two fast jackets and I think they would match better if their switchlocks were um.. haha switched (especially the silver frame -- the black just sort of sticks out of that one). Does anyone know if this is possible and, if so, is it complicated? (I'm not the handiest person in the world unfortunately) Any advice would be much appreciated.

I switched the icons and switchlocks between my four. On the pin there is a side with a divot. On that side there is a groove. In the hole there is a corresponding ridge which the groove locks into. Use a straightened paperclip, approximately the same size, to push out the pin, from the side opposite the divot. It's not super easy and takes some effort.

I would try using some duct tape to protect the plastic around the hole so in case the paper clip slips you won't damage the plastic.

I read somewhere you should only take out the pin once or twice at the most and most important, make sure you don't lose the pin. I'm pretty sure Oakley won't be sending you a new one especially if you take the pin out.

Try this at your one risk. I've done it and know how but if you are unsure of your skills then I would send it to someone who does know how to do it correctly.

I switched the icons and switchlocks between my four. On the pin there is a side with a divot. On that side there is a groove. In the hole there is a corresponding ridge which the groove locks into. Use a straightened paperclip, approximately the same size, to push out the pin, from the side opposite the divot. It's not super easy and takes some effort.

I would try using some duct tape to protect the plastic around the hole so in case the paper clip slips you won't damage the plastic.

I read somewhere you should only take out the pin once or twice at the most and most important, make sure you don't lose the pin. I'm pretty sure Oakley won't be sending you a new one especially if you take the pin out.

Try this at your one risk. I've done it and know how but if you are unsure of your skills then I would send it to someone who does know how to do it correctly.

Thanks - I assume to put the switchlock back in, you just line it up with the hole and push in the pin the other way?

Thanks - I assume to put the switchlock back in, you just line it up with the hole and push in the pin the other way?

I'd do one side at a time so you can remember which side the divot so you can make sure the groove clicks into the ridge. There is no resistance between the plastic and the pin. The groove/ridge holds it in place so when pushing it back in you can use your thumb or finger. Push it until you hear/feel the click then you know it's secure.

Also, I can't remember which way the cam has to be but there is one way which the pin slides in to the thing real easy.

Just don't force the thing in. If there is resistance then stop and try to figure out why and then continue.

Latest Posts

Back