• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket, Thoughts?

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
Hey guys, I think I'm going to eventually get a Fast Jacket soon for running and cycling. I'm a big fan of the fit and the style. What do you guys think of these?

I had a pair a while back. They fit well but I really like the radars or even the m-frames better. I too ride (biking) and play volleyball. These 2 seem to stay on my face better while you are moving around.
Good luck

I like the standard version not the XL. I also dig the g30 polarized, much nicer than the regular g30. I also noticed that the silver with jade and blue iridium is back on the site so I'm looking to pick those up along with a set of polarized lenses.

I love mine, but I have a bigger face. Flaks and half jackets are a little too small for me. They tend to fog up when I am sweaty and it is humid outside, but I'm guessing pretty much anything will (and that's also a personal fit/face thing too). They don't put any pressure anywhere on my face, they are so light I forget they are there a lot of times, and I am upside down/bent into weird positions all day at work and have never had them fall off my face. The only thing I don't like, and I know it sounds like a broken record because I have said it a thousand times, is that you cannot get replacement lenses for them. Let a long accessory lenses. Scratch em and good luck :)

Flaks and HJ perfect for me- Fasts definitely for larger heads...they look good if u can wear them altho I still like flaks XLJ the best in appearance as well
Edit they dont have accessory lenses..what the heck its a sports model!

I prefer FlakJ and HJ (and the Radar Path) as well. Fast Jackets are a little overprized (plus looking a little bit strange from the front) without being a big innovation imo...

I love the Fast jackets, i think they're a great pair, however i don't think they're the best pair for high activity.
It's more of an aesthetical thing. If you WANT to look like you're about to go biking or running, but you're not
actually going to. I'd wear that pair :) lol. They're great looking. And they fit bigger faces well. But if you're
really going to need them for running, i'd go with a radar path. Thats my favorite frame/lens combo!

I use them for Tennis and Racquet ball but I'm a little frustrated with there being no accessory lenses available. I did have a pair of split jackets but they fogged up a lot more in the humidity compared to the fast jackets.

I love the Fast jackets, i think they're a great pair, however i don't think they're the best pair for high activity.
It's more of an aesthetical thing. If you WANT to look like you're about to go biking or running, but you're not
actually going to. I'd wear that pair :) lol. They're great looking. And they fit bigger faces well. But if you're
really going to need them for running, i'd go with a radar path. Thats my favorite frame/lens combo!

How so? I'm a bigger guy, but I am very active. I don't seem to feel that way about them? As I said before, I think it's a larger face thing. The grips getting better with sweat certainly helps too I think.

Back