1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. richen987

richen987 Oakley Beginner

hi,
    does anyone know if you can get the solfx clear to black iridium transition lenses as a lens kit for the fast jacket?
    I have searched a lot but cannot seem to find a set anywhere.
    Oakley Europe have not responded o emails about them either.
    based in UK, if anyone knows of where to get a set i would be very interested.
    cheers
    Rich

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Garv21

Garv21 Oakley Beginner

I have the same question but for the US. I recently purchased a pair of fast jackets and have been looking for the transitions lenses. There aren't any Oakley stores nearby and I have only seen fast jacket transitions lenses on eBay for about 130 USD. Oakley does sell the SolFx transitions lens with the Asian fit fast jacket so I believe they exist... just haven't been able to get a response from the Oakley site in regards to just the lens purchase separately.

3. lawman0210

lawman0210 Oakley Collector

I have a brand new set I would sell for what I got in them. 95.00. Gonna unload my fast jackets for some half jackets

4. lawman0210

Its a standard lens not xlj and they are standard fit

5. E2K

E2K Oakley Beginner

The G40 XL transition lens seems pretty easy to find (both Vaults around Boston had them recently)

-Eric

6. BDHO

BDHO Oakley Beginner

Do the transition lens work well? Do they have a limited lifespan? Is one type better than the other?

7. lawman0210

They work pretty well. Takes a while to get dark. It all depends what's more important to you going from bright light to seeing in dimmer places or going from a dim place to a bright place. I think ot works better going from bright to dim. I don't think they have a life span

8. E2K

E2K Oakley Beginner

Only problem I wasn't aware of is that the G40 Transitions don't work in the car. The windshield glass blocks the "rays" needed to darken the lenses...... They work great for golf though.

-Eric

9. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

For some reason my Oakley prescription transitions Flak jacket turns dark almost looking like black iridium lenses. I also have the Radar photochromic lenses, but it does not get as dark as my Flaks. They work well for me at work being outdoors most of the time.

Life span, I am not sure.

I think Transitions SOLFX is different from Oakley photochromic.

My guess is that since the flak jacket lenses are smaller compared to radar path, it is easier for them to get darker because of the molecules are more compacted.

Last edited: 10/8/13
  10. Duke Nivram

Duke Nivram (Something Clever)

you rx one prob gets darker due to the fact that the lens is thicker than a non rx len the width of the lens should have no affect on how dark they get

i am rich likes this.