• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket Transitions Lenses

richen987

Oakley Beginner
hi,
does anyone know if you can get the solfx clear to black iridium transition lenses as a lens kit for the fast jacket?
I have searched a lot but cannot seem to find a set anywhere.
Oakley Europe have not responded o emails about them either.
based in UK, if anyone knows of where to get a set i would be very interested.
cheers
Rich

hi,
does anyone know if you can get the solfx clear to black iridium transition lenses as a lens kit for the fast jacket?
I have searched a lot but cannot seem to find a set anywhere.
Oakley Europe have not responded o emails about them either.
based in UK, if anyone knows of where to get a set i would be very interested.
cheers
Rich

I have the same question but for the US. I recently purchased a pair of fast jackets and have been looking for the transitions lenses. There aren't any Oakley stores nearby and I have only seen fast jacket transitions lenses on eBay for about 130 USD. Oakley does sell the SolFx transitions lens with the Asian fit fast jacket so I believe they exist... just haven't been able to get a response from the Oakley site in regards to just the lens purchase separately.

I have a brand new set I would sell for what I got in them. 95.00. Gonna unload my fast jackets for some half jackets

The G40 XL transition lens seems pretty easy to find (both Vaults around Boston had them recently)

-Eric

Do the transition lens work well? Do they have a limited lifespan? Is one type better than the other?

They work pretty well. Takes a while to get dark. It all depends what's more important to you going from bright light to seeing in dimmer places or going from a dim place to a bright place. I think ot works better going from bright to dim. I don't think they have a life span

Only problem I wasn't aware of is that the G40 Transitions don't work in the car. The windshield glass blocks the "rays" needed to darken the lenses...... They work great for golf though.

-Eric

Do the transition lens work well? Do they have a limited lifespan? Is one type better than the other?

For some reason my Oakley prescription transitions Flak jacket turns dark almost looking like black iridium lenses. I also have the Radar photochromic lenses, but it does not get as dark as my Flaks. They work well for me at work being outdoors most of the time.

Life span, I am not sure.

I think Transitions SOLFX is different from Oakley photochromic.

My guess is that since the flak jacket lenses are smaller compared to radar path, it is easier for them to get darker because of the molecules are more compacted.

Last edited:
For some reason my Oakley prescription transitions Flak jacket turns dark almost looking like black iridium lenses. I also have the Radar photochromic lenses, but it does not get as dark as my Flaks. They work well for me at work being outdoors most of the time.

Life span, I am not sure.

I think Transitions SOLFX is different from Oakley photochromic.

My guess is that since the flak jacket lenses are smaller compared to radar path, it is easier for them to get darker because of the molecules are more compacted.

you rx one prob gets darker due to the fact that the lens is thicker than a non rx len the width of the lens should have no affect on how dark they get

Back