• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jackets On Sale!

Last I heard for my rep is that everything FMJ is being discontinued indefinitely for 2 reasons. The first being that they had a really bad problem getting the FMJ coating to adhere to the omatter frames and the second is that the warranty issues would be massive if they had gone through with it. Apparently the last FMJ anything for a good long time is going to be the current Pit Bull that has the fire lens.

The only light at the end of the tunnel he had was that they are still working to make it better and release it in the future. I hope this is the truth and the near future as well.

If this is accurate I'm rather upset about it cause FMJ is a great feature that only Oakley has.

I've got a pair of the FMJ Pit Bull, it's currently my favorite pair of Oakleys. Why is the word "discontinued" constantly used when referring to these glasses, that would imply some made it out into the public. Did any make it out?

As much hype and advertising they've done for the Fast Jacket and they can not get FMJ coating to adhere, sounds bogus to me. They've been doing FMJ frames for years and now they have issues? They better get it right soon or there's a lot of money for advertising down the drain.

Patient_Cero said:
Here are some pictures from an Oakley catalog we just received at work. It shows the proposed frame colors Oakley has yet to show online for the Fast jackets. Obviously this went to print before the FMJ issues.

5871872676_072d7cd96a.jpg
IMAG0483 by Patient_Cero, on Flickr

5871315433_0c787b3cba.jpg
IMAG0484 by Patient_Cero, on Flickr

Anyone know when they will offer more of these colors listed in the fast jackets. On the website they only have a few of those. I really wanted to check out the white with grey icons and the teal blue ones but they arent offered yet?

Everything now a days is all hearsay until proven fact. I don't want to believe what I hear from my rep at all but if you look even at the past with fmj anything they almost always peel after normal wear. They took a huge hit for the half jackets constantly peeling and needing warranty so what would be different now? I own a few fmj styles and wish they did it more often but I don't wear them for the sheer fact that if I do wear them to much I know they're going to fall apart.

The guy at the oakley store told me the white chrome Ten frame is an FMJ if thats the case then I own two FMJ frames. What other ones are there?

I may be wrong, but I'm not so sure that the White Chrome frames are an FMJ... But if it is the case then there is a white chrome radar scalpel and a straight jacket as well off the top of my head. Who knows anymore whats going to happen with FMJ. We sadly will all just have to wait and see, which sucks. I will definitely keep bothering my rep about it and see if I can get a more definitive answer out of him.

Yeah I all know is the Pit Bull frame is very similar to Ten fit wise and it has a similar colorway but covers better than the Ten and doesn't stick out like the white chrome color does. I actually saw an airliner in the sky the other day while wearing my Pit bull frame and I saw it very clearly too. Those fire lenses really make far away objects visible. He had to be a few thousand feet up and a couple of miles away.

Latest Posts

Back