• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Favorite pair to wear/fits you best/reach for the most

Favorite Pair To Wear

• Romeo 1

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Romeo 2

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Juliet

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • X Squared

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Penny

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • XX

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Half-X

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters
This was a tough decision. Let me preface this by saying I love all of the original X-Metals. My first was the juliet, and it is actually the only X-Metal I wear because it's the only one that I have an extra duplicate of the same exact colorway. I have added a Penny and two pairs of XX since I joined the forum. I am working on getting an R1 to help complete the collection. Aside from the R1 and R2 I have all of the others.

My vote went to the XX. It has all the style of the Juliet with added coverage of a slightly larger frame. I think these work great on a med to large face, which is where I would place myself. I never had one until recently, and have loved them from the moment I tried them on. It was tough decision, as I said because there are so many great contenders.

I love the juliet and feel like the design is legendary. For me, I think it's on the smaller side, and I really love the extra coverage provided by the XX.

XS would have also been a great choice because I feel it has that coverage I like, and it is probably, to me, the height of X-Metal technology.

I speculate that the R1 would be a great contender also, but like I said, I don't own a pair to be able to know for certain.

Penny is smaller than the Juliet and of course has it's place among the X-Metal family, but is for a small to medium face. I feel that I have a med to large face. Penny fits ok, but would not be my choice for a daily wear.

Mars fits a particular face type. Mars is a beautiful pair of sunglasses, but I don't think it's a great daily wear pair, at least not for me.

Half-X is probably, considered by most, the red-headed step child of the family. Many hate the spring hinges on this model because they are not as good as those on the R2. I've said before that I do like this model. I feel like they are an X-metal version of the Flak Jacket, though for a daily wear, I would go Flak instead just for the sheer comfort, weight savings, and durability.

I've become partial to the Juliets. Pennys are a little small for me but they all get their turn. I do like the fit of the XS and the R1 is just classic. I like the Half-X more than most as well... I just love em all:D!

Pennys just have the coolest lines!!! My Juliets are fun to look at but my half x fits so comfortably... You have to be a small headed sexy mofo like me to pull off the penny's tho. Ha.

Funny
I was always partial to my Juliets
My fav Color way was always the 24K XX.
In fact I sold all the other XX color ways the Ti02 and the Plasmas, and X Metal that i had

And now that X man rebuilt 2 of the 24K XX. They fit like a glove, plus the addition of Custom cut 24K pol Big Tacos
They are my go too Pair
I still like the Juliet
But the extra orbital coverage on the XX is sweet
For me anyway its the XX
but hell next year who knows
Oh and now the regret of selling the old XX's

Latest Posts

Back