• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Favoritest/Hatingest Lens Tint To LOOK Through

steveocubed

Oakley Expert
Hi guys,

I thought it might be an interesting discussion to hear what people's thoughts were on their favorite and least favorite lens tints to look through and why (not so much focused on the actual look of the lens from the outside but how you feel looking through them). I know different people see differently through different lenses and have difference preferences so I thought it might be a fun debate.

My personal favorite is Emerald Iridium because when you look through them, everything just feels so cool and crisp -- it gives off that subtle bluish silverish tint that just cools down the world around you (at least in my crazy head haha). Ruby has a similar effect but I think it takes the bluish hue just a tad more than I want -- I think emerald's bowl of visual porridge is just right.

My runner up would have to be Chrome Iridium because it just makes everything look crisp -- I feel like it especially makes whites look super white while still providing me that sun protection. I know it's a boring choice but what can I say -- I like fidelity in my eyesight.

My least favorite lens to look through (out of the ones I own) are probably the Violet Iridium. I'm not a big fan of the brownish tint but I don't seem to dislike it as much in the gold lenses. I think it's because violet also seems to have a touch of green in it so it really throws me off when I look through them; it kind of reminds me of a sea of swampy gas when I see the world and it makes me feel like I'm Swamp Thing or something. Violet is freaking sexy to look at though so it's beautiful on the outside (but momma used to say, it's what's on the inside that counts!)

Anywho, what are your favorite or antonym-favorite color(s) to see the world through?

Overall absolute favorite is g26. Whether skeet shooting or everyday use. It dulls the color of grass what little we have here lol. It also makes the sky look awesome, as blue as possible. I think it cures my slight colorblindness i actually have.
Least favorite would have to be ice iridium. In my head it makes everything too grey. It makes the world look dull. Even black iridium to me maintains true color recognition. Ice just seems blah

BIP and Dark Grey are great lenses. Tungsten is up on my list too. Not sure how I feel about VR28 BI. I have been using them a lot in my polished Pitboss but still on the fence.

It's impossible for me to pick... I like every lens I have tried and owned. They all have their purpose and make things look better when the conditions are right. But if I had to pick, just a standard black iridium would be the one for favorite. And my g40 transitions would be my least favorite just because it's not a good driving lens (where I spend most of my time wearing sunglasses), but instead a really fantastic outdoors lens. I just don't get many opportunities to use it.

Black Iridium polarized is by far my favorite lens. My least favorite to look through is Fire, because I see a lot of "ghosting" when I wear them, which is too bad, because they look so sick on most frames.

Back